SAU Community

O2 sensor

JaFF

Thanks for the feedback on the threshold/boiling point.

I put in a new radiator, hoses, clamps and cap 3 years ago, as had a split top tank.

No leaks/splits since then. (touch wood).

Cheers,

Pete

• 2 months later...

I tried a new thermostat that opens at 71deg, no noticeable difference on economy... did get 320km 2 weeks ago,

but i recon that was due to the freezing cold weather / denser air.  I'm at 18-19L per 100km.

The idle felt a bit softer with different thermostat, so adjusted the aac screw a 1/4 turn to the left, idle feels better.

tested the old thermostat, started to open at 78deg, fully open by 86deg, about 4-5mm gap.

Also i recall my natrad radiator was about twice as thick as the standard radiator.

Fuel filter has also been replaced in last month or so + oil and oil filter 

Replaced the charcoal canister hose that runs back to the rear of the motor as it had cracks.

Replaced the blow of valve rubber hose, as i wasn't confident that it was sealing properly.

Replaced 3inch hose on the throttle body / intake which was rock hard, im sure it wasn't sealing correct.

Pedal feel is better, will post in a week or so on the km.

• 2 weeks later...

I got 358km so far and the fuel light just come on, fair improvement over pushing to get 300km.

I attribute this more so to fixing the hoses. I guess the 02 sensor, helped a bit + cold temps of late.

Have reverted back to the original thermostat today and re-tweaked the aac valve screw to correct idle speed.

Will post up again if any dramatic results.... hoping for 400km a tank :)

Edited by Stagea_Neo
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Never got the 400km out of a tank, above was best result. Also that was with the boost solenoid mod :).

Without the boost solenoid mod fuel consumption got worse again, I guess 8psi approx is a sweet spot.

Also I recommend if you haven't swapped your spark plugs ever, like me until today, definitely check em

found two not tight affecting compression, in turn economy and they were just old as.....

• 1 year later...