SAU Community

Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party Needs Your Support!

Chappy

This is the most relevant section I could find for political stuff, sorry if it's in the wrong place.

Hey guys,

In case you're not aware, the Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party is gaining quite a lot of momentum. They already have senate candidates in QLD and NSW and are currently raising funds to place candidates in other states. Considering this is a party that was formed a few months ago, this is a monumental effort. This is seriously the best way that we can actually have an impact on how we're being so severely screwed by just about every other political party out there.

If you haven't seen AMEP before, check out their website and their Facebook page. You can become a member for the sum of $20/year (I think this is the cheapest of all political parties? ) which will let you have your say on their policies, vote at AGM's, etc. Alternatively, if you find that memberships, etc are not quite your thing, you can donate to the fundraiser to establish further senate candidates in other states.

Guys I cannot stress enough, this is the first time we have actually had a voice anywhere in parliament, let alone in a spot like the senate. This is the only way that we can have an actual impact on the governance of our interests. So please, please, please, spread the word to your family, friends, people across the street, other vehicle enthusiasts you see, workshops, etc and dig deep. We've collected and given enough to charity over the years, now it's time to look after ourselves.

Cheers,

Josh

Hopefully with enough support from the community we can put a stop to bullshit like this:

Edited by Chappy

Here's a list of AMEP's core values. Policies are explained in further detail on the website.

We take pride in our vehicles, pride in our Nation, and promote the notion of a “fair go for all”.

• We believe in the people of Australia
• We believe in minimal government interference
• We believe in equality and justice for all before the law
• We believe in freedom of association and assembly
• We believe in democracy and the preservation of democracy
• We believe in a sense of family
• We believe in mateship
• We believe in community
• We believe in freedom of speech
• We believe in robust National Security
• We believe in individual economic freedom
• We believe in society's responsibility to the very young
• We believe in society's responsibility to the very old
• We believe in society's responsibility to the disadvantaged
• We believe in the best possible education regardless of wealth
• We believe in lower taxation
• We believe in smaller government
• We believe in an immediate region foreign policy focus
• We believe that the wellbeing of Australians is foremost
• We believe that all levels of government are servants to the will of the people

I support, having read the AMEP site, it's values, it's policies and direction.

Signed on.

Only for as long as AMEP does not become; A cover for car hoons,

with Cronulla riots mentalities and/or Bogans under cover of National pride.

Cheers

Richard

I'm pretty sure every state will have a candidate to vote for in the senate (the big white paper).

Their aim for this election is to try and gain 4% of the vote so they can qualify for federal funding and gain much more resources to get their name out there for the state elections.

This means they can reach their goal even if they don't get a candidate into the senate this time round. I other words, EVERY VOTE COUNTS!

Edited by Chappy
  • Like 1

i might actually put some pen to paper this election, instead of folding up a bit of blank ballet paper

so i shall be voting for the AMEP in victoria hopefully

Edited by Dan_J
  • Like 1

If you are not happy with their preferences you can always vote below the line. It might seem like a lot of work but it will be 5 minutes that will affect the next 6 years of your life.

If you are not happy with their preferences you can always vote below the line. It might seem like a lot of work but it will be 5 minutes that will affect the next 6 years of your life.

I voted early and ATTEMPTED to vote below the line. it was a challenge with 97 numbers. I had to check through it numerous times because I kept falling short of the target.

hopefully people take their time and get it right

Out of interest...is there a profile anywhere on Ricky Muir? Age, background, previous occupation? I hope he has a decent enough driving record, if the last 24 hours are anything to go by everything is going to be under thr scrutiny...and frankly if he is meant to be representing motoring enthusiasts it would be nice to know a bit about him

Not sure if the comments made in this article are true but to be fair I was a bit disappointed when I read them. Given the amount of negative attention car enthusiasts have been given over the last few years one would want to be squeaky clean.

http://www.news.com.au/national-news/federal-election/six-people-you-won8217t-believe-could-be-elected/story-fnho52ip-1226715178383

Always do, unfortunately most people dont. I strongly encourage people inform themselves on the issues and the parties they are voting for.

Yeah the old "above the line" ...

Having a look @ the Victorian AMEP above line preference... Good son of rajab... Thank god I voted below the line and did my research, for those that didn't - bet they had NO idea of where preference went and if they did know, wouldn't have done it.

AN unemployed father of 5..no crime but the guys is going get torn a new a-hole. Guess he will quickly become a yes man for the Libs as it will be easier to get along then fight the press and the govt every day

Frankly I am jealous. 190k a year!

AN unemployed father of 5..no crime but the guys is going get torn a new a-hole. Guess he will quickly become a yes man for the Libs as it will be easier to get along then fight the press and the govt every day

Frankly I am jealous. 190k a year!

It's only because he didn't clean up his history, one going into politics shouldn't leave videos of himself on youtube throwing roo poo at his mates.

• Like 1