SAU Community

Mugabetown - Whoretownin' At It's Worst.

t5iv

Afternoon sir. Does that mean that motor and turbos and everything will be sold in order to start afresh? Few vultures may already be circling around that block.

Yes, most likely.

I was thinking of keeping it but I'm thinking that the next build will most likely be stroker

Yes, most likely.

I was thinking of keeping it but I'm thinking that the next build will most likely be stroker

I wonder who will pick up that motor. 2.8 stroker or 26/30 Ants? Choices choices choices.

I wonder who will pick up that motor. 2.8 stroker or 26/30 Ants? Choices choices choices.

I like 2.8 sound of things but everything is trending to 3ltr+ now which I personally makes things more complicated than what it really should be.

But I will once again do my homework first and then take it from there.

I like 2.8 sound of things but everything is trending to 3ltr+ now which I personally makes things more complicated than what it really should be.

But I will once again do my homework first and then take it from there.

The big block boys have been saying it for years "there's no replacement for displacement". The cost of building a 26/30 would be punitive compared to a RB28 I would have thought? Or you could just go a Rb34 ;)

BTW I purchased a bottle of Laprhoaigh last week (the select cask)

That shit is so peaty that you want to punch your grandma in the face!

F me!

That stuff is nice! Although you aren't a peat fan from memory. It's ok, I don't think he takes it personally. :P

The big block boys have been saying it for years "there's no replacement for displacement". The cost of building a 26/30 would be punitive compared to a RB28 I would have thought? Or you could just go a Rb34 ;)

That stuff is nice! Although you aren't a peat fan from memory. It's ok, I don't think he takes it personally. :P

Yes, can't beat cubes hence Nick lol

Yes, I actually wouldnt mind getting another bottle which is called the quarter cask - 48% abv and has some really good reviews but yeah Peat and I don't get along as well as Sherry does.

Quarter cask is one of my brothers favourite drops. I too quite enjoy it. For your palate, I do recommend the Dalmore range or the Aberlour. Good stuff! Had Dalmore 12 earlier tonight and enjoyed it.

Quarter cask is one of my brothers favourite drops. I too quite enjoy it. For your palate, I do recommend the Dalmore range or the Aberlour. Good stuff! Had Dalmore 12 earlier tonight and enjoyed it.

the QTR cask has scored 96 points. But yeah for me I like sweeter whiskys. Doesn't mean I don't like peated malts though

The Dalmore 12 is insanely sweet.

The Macs and Dronachs are one of my favs

But I like all kinds of whiskies

Yes, it's about tastes and also the mood you're in. Having said that I'm always keen to explore and expand my knowledge by trying other whiskies.

The Dalmore cigar malt is nice and the 18 I must try one one day.

Arberlour is on my to do list.

Right now though on the hunt for some Japanese malts :)

Japanese hey? Very pure crisp flavours. Which in particular?

any mate.

I've recently purchased Nikka from the barrel and that is just unreal

The best nose of a blend I've ever had and tastes magnificent.

Last night I had (a whee bit too much) Laphroaigh Select cask but that's because I really enjoyed that smokey aftertaste

Think I'm going to buy that QTR cask now, as I think I'm hooked on it now lol

The more refinement that goes into these peaty and smokey whiskies the less it tastes like an ashtray. The Ardbeg Perpetuum for example, nice heavy notes of tar and soot on the nose yet dark chocolate and honey on the palate. When you take a sip, has a nice warmth to it followed by smoke.