SAU Community

Mugabetown - Whoretownin' At It's Worst.

t5iv

That place is stupidly expensive. I got new stainless socket caps for the valley cover plus some other M6 and M8 stainless socket caps for $15 from my local bolt shop.

true, but I'm sure they will ahve the sizes that no one else has, and colours

Expensive. Yes. very very high quality good products and a phenomenal online range also yes :yes:

this

or just try Bunnings. You'd be surprised what you can find as quality bolts at very good prices.

Bunnings and Supercheap have a really poor range thats hard to find what you want, and their "high tensile" is very poor at best, be very cautious when using them where strength is required.

having said that, they have been helpful for basic bolts and bits and nicnacks

I also buy from USA military surplus fastener stores - mi spec, any pro will tell you fasteners aren't just fasteners :)

It amazes me how many people use ARP studs without an understanding of why and what makes them better.

My brother in in the airforce in Newcastle. the materials and toys he has on hand are amazing....and that's with a dodgy AU government military budget

Why?? Helping people even in the smallest way is a start :) giving blood is a good way, cos you help save 3 people with as little at 400ml blood. That's all they take. Painless and you get free food

You forget? I can't stand needles (think faint/vomit/me-def-no-likey). Fully appreciate those that can do it, but I definitely am not one for sticking my arm out for a positively terrifying experience :no:

fastersners aren't exactly in the same league as studs though

True that, which is why I separated the two sentences. The studs example was to indicate something easy and tangible that people can relate to as an easy SAU relevant example.

The most important part to the ARP answer is high quality material that has material data testing sheets containing stress diagrams, rolled threads and limited twisting during torqueing that gives a more consistent reading.

And as an engineer Peter knows all of this all too well :D lol

Nuts, bolts, studs and fasteners are actually pretty interesting, so much engineering involved.

My other source http://www.aircraftspruce.com.au/Hardware.asp

My brother in in the airforce in Newcastle. the materials and toys he has on hand are amazing....and that's with a dodgy AU government military budget

almost conned him into building me a Titanium airbox......but then he realised how big the sheet had to be :(

There's a really good friend of mine in Amberley, who's an avionics tech in the RAAF. He got the guys to fabricate an amazing battery holder from Titanium - Best I have ever seen. Those guys know there shizz.

He's a Forum member, but cannot access his old defence email to log on again. Pity, he's an invaluable source of info.

See if you can get the sheet from these guys for him to fabricate http://www.performancemetalsaustralia.com.au/

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieVDfnUKN9s

Should I fit an rb26/30, rb25/30 or just an rb30 - This clip makes you reconsider :)

as just pure drag car sure.......for street car.........think il go that with that white 1200whp Lambo