SAU Community

Microtech Help On Rb25Det

the_jack

G'day

I have purchased a Microtech LT12S for my RB25DET, however it is set up with an rb30et base tune. I have rung up Microtech and they said all I have to do to run it on the RB25det is chance the cas settings. So the question is, how do I do this? I just have to finish some wiring on the engine loom and the engine should run. I want to have the engine running on the base map and have everything 100% ready before it goes to get tuned so there are no problems once it hits the dyno.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Yeah iv already done that and changed the wiring to suit. Now i just need to change the settings in the ecu as the Rb30et only runs a single coil instead of 6 coils.

Also, how do I wire up the vct? just use the AUX output off the LT12 to trigger a relay to give power to the solanoid? Im assuming I can just ground one side of the solanoid and then give it 12v + through the other side through a relay?

cheers

Edited by the_jack

I'd just bin it and buy a decent ecu. I just finished wiring a lt12s up on a 25/30 and it was the most outdated piece of shit I've ever tried to use. VCT won't be enabled as its set up for a RB30 and you can't configure the outputs yourself, which means sending it back to microtech and paying them money to change stuff which you can do with the click of a button in any other ecu. Unless you are prepared to throw good money at something that has the technology of a commodore 64 for a reconfigure, you would be better off selling it and going with something else. We even had to send my mate's back to get a thermo fan output added which is just a joke