SAU Community

Bluetooth Music Streaming On V36 Coupe

Once it is set up/paired for audio and your phone confirms that (showing "Call Audio" and "Phone Audio", or similar), to finally select the phone as your audio source, you need to press the Disc button, cycling through DVD, Music Box, etc, until you arrive at the Bluetooth source screen. Then you'll have full playback control over your phone as well as the audio playing through the system.

I have been using Bluetooth to stream music and make/receive calls for years now on iPhone 5 and 6 without any problems until I updated to iOS 10 and now the Bluetooth just randomly disconnects every minute or so. I rolled back to iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 and it started to work perfectly again. I have now been given an iPhone 7 which came with iOS 10 and I'm unable to use iOS 9 on it so I'm having the disconnecting issue again.

Anyone else having this issue with iOS 10?

regarding getting music to stream,i am having a hard time trying to do this..my menus differ from the guide.. i cant see anywhere to enable bluetooth streaming  although i dont know what i hit bit my phone then find multimedia from car it pairs up but wont connect..and then i lost that somehow so all i have now is the usual call audio....07 v36   love to get this going..thanx 

On 20/12/2016 at 10:29 AM, Mick_V35 said:

I have been using Bluetooth to stream music and make/receive calls for years now on iPhone 5 and 6 without any problems until I updated to iOS 10 and now the Bluetooth just randomly disconnects every minute or so. I rolled back to iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 and it started to work perfectly again. I have now been given an iPhone 7 which came with iOS 10 and I'm unable to use iOS 9 on it so I'm having the disconnecting issue again.

I had exactly the same problem. Updated IOS and then got Iphone7. The 7 worked for a week or so and then the same dropout problem came back. Deleted the connection fro the phone and the car. Now have a new problem. The phone works perfectly via bluetooth for phone calls, but nothing for streaming music at all....

Paired a friends Samsung S7 and that shows on each Bluetooth connection if it is phone and/or music. Stated only phone, so same problem with the S7 as well. 

I have no idea how to get it going or if it is possible, however I do find it odd that I have the same problem with both phones when the problem didn't exist until a few weeks ago and my friend has not updated the last Samsung update.

Sorry I can't help, but would love someone to find somewhere in the car to turn the damn music streaming on.

On 22/12/2016 at 11:42 AM, xmanz said:

regarding getting music to stream,i am having a hard time trying to do this..my menus differ from the guide.. i cant see anywhere to enable bluetooth streaming  although i dont know what i hit bit my phone then find multimedia from car it pairs up but wont connect..and then i lost that somehow so all i have now is the usual call audio....07 v36   love to get this going..thanx 

I had exactly the same problem. Updated IOS and then got Iphone7. The 7 worked for a week or so and then the same dropout problem came back. Deleted the connection fro the phone and the car. Now have a new problem. The phone works perfectly via bluetooth for phone calls, but nothing for streaming music at all....

Paired a friends Samsung S7 and that shows on each Bluetooth connection if it is phone and/or music. Stated only phone, so same problem with the S7 as well. 

I have no idea how to get it going or if it is possible, however I do find it odd that I have the same problem with both phones when the problem didn't exist until a few weeks ago and my friend has not updated the last Samsung update.

Sorry I can't help, but would love someone to find somewhere in the car to turn the damn music streaming on.

I think I got it working on my iPhone 7. I deleted everything and set it up as just audio streaming and now I'm not getting disconnections. I can't make or receive calls but at least I can stream music.

24 minutes ago, Mick_V35 said:

I think I got it working on my iPhone 7. I deleted everything and set it up as just audio streaming and now I'm not getting disconnections. I can't make or receive calls but at least I can stream music.

How did you set up as only audio streaming?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a copy of this from as soon as I got my v36 skyline. I use Google translate and still stuck. Just can't see an audio bluetooth option for streaming music

I'd like to defend you on this but I really get the feeling you haven't been reading through what I believe to be a very well documented PDF.

I'll walk you through the basic troubleshooting steps (assuming you managed to pair it as per the instructions on page six of that PDF):

1) Check the Bluetooth settings in your phone. Examine the settings specific to your vehicle's Bluetooth system. Check that "Call Audio" and "Media Audio" (or words to that effect) are both active, in order to be able to receive/make calls and stream music from your phone.

2) If those settings are fine, take a look at the third page and look at the Disc button. Notice how it refers to a multitude of sources for that one button? That means keep pressing the button until you arrive at the desired source - in this case, Bluetooth. If the results of step one are fine, there is no reason for this step not to work either. Otherwise, you may be having an issue with your phone.

Edited by The Max
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

yeah that app works a treat. My S7 wouldnt let me connect both phone and media in the bluetooth settings until i used to app to find out where to change the settings in the car. Cheers guys

• 2 months later...
On 12/20/2016 at 1:29 PM, Mick_V35 said:

I had same issue with my iPhone 7 running on iOS 11, but when a pair my wife's iPhone 6 for audio streaming it works fine without any problem. Then I try to remove "My-Car" device from iPhone 7 and pair it again, but nothing changes. It still drops after 1-2 minutes. After that I go into Main Settings> Phone> Bluetooth and under registered devices choose iPhone 6 instead of my phone, and now my phone works fine without any issue. I think it may try to access contacts and for some reason disconnect Bluetooth because of compatibility thing   

• 2 years later...
On 12/9/2016 at 2:27 PM, MJTru said:

Hello again. I looked all over and I couldn't find no way of changing it from call audio to music audio. Under audio settings I didn't find no bluetooth option. Only under the phone settings. Maybe my version doesn't have bluetooth for music. [emoji19] if anyone knows at least I will know. I tried the Google translate. Worked

Same here even I couldn’t find, did you find anything? Later is it like, this version doesn’t support Bluetooth audio?