SAU Community

I have bought an R32 GTS-T and i was told by the guy i bought it off that it had a RB25 neo turbo/ an op6 on it. i had it on the dyno today and bumped it from 8 psi to 13 psi and it went from 127Kw to 166Kw but i still dont know if the turbine wheel is ceramic or not. i need to know if i can keep running it at 13 psi or not does anyone know if they came out only with ceramic wheels or is there a steel turbined op6.

However, disregarding the aspect of luck involved in whether a ceramic turbo will die or not, running an R34 turbo on an RB20 at 13 psi is actually going to require less shaft speed than running an RB20 turbo at that boost, and also less than running it at 13 psi on an RB25. What this means is that you will be putting it under less stress and it will be safer than either of those cases.

I ran an RB20 turbo on my RB20 at 13+ psi for many years and it was still fine when I did my engine swap. The current Neo turbo appears to be quite happy at 12 psi, although I don't flog it hard and it hasn't been long and bad luck can happen at any time. Luck of the draw, your milage may vary, etc etc.

Havnig said the above, I hesitate to believe that you have an OP6 turbo (which can either be a VG30 or an R34, and they are slightly different) because at 13psi it should make a shit tonne more power than 166rwkW. I would have thought more like 180+.