SAU Community

R34 Power Window Not Going Up Straight / Need Weird Part Name?

hop1308

Hey guys, so i've got a R34 GTT 2 door. and just recently the passanger side window stopped going verically up, instead it goes up a bit and then starts to get wonky. I looked into it and turns out one of the lower guides that move horizontally while the window goes up and down has come out of its guide and is basically doing nothing.

It keeps coming out because this small white plastic thing it goes into has somehow broken, it used to be a full circle to hold the end of the mechanism into.

Really confusing to explain, so i took a few photos. The first photo shows how its sitting now (outside of the guide).

Second photo shows how its meant to be, but its meant to also be within that white thing, or it'll keep coming out of the guide.

Anyone know where i can possibly get that small white thing? or its name? or possibly a way to get around this problems?

post-78310-0-49953300-1378444514_thumb.jpg

post-78310-0-32494800-1378444515_thumb.jpg

Thanks heaps guys.

take this picture to your nissan spare parts dealer/shop and they should be able to pull up the schematics and find the part for you. if not you might have to replace the entire thing from a wreck. or try find that part off another wrecked 34!

nissan said they won't sell that little plastic thing without the entire scissor section..

ugh, for a 20cent looking plastic thing im gonna have to pull the whole thing a part n pay a fair bit more.

any other ideas? maybe a makeshift holder? i dunno lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem....except my bushing was shattered, found it in pieces on the bottom of the door panel :/

Just FASTed the assembly and it doesn't look like the bush (mouse pointer) is sold separately:

309ohfr.jpg

On the upside the entire part (80700/01) is only $60 from Amayama, cheaper if you find a second hand one..

http://nissan.epc-data.com/skyline/er34/3951-rb25de/body/803/80701/

If you find a replacement bush please share :D

Edited by fusion07

• 4 months later...

Hi guys,

I've just come across this myself, so ordered a new regulator assembly from Japan that arrived this week

Was it difficult to replace? I'm only just getting into DIYs, and I like to have an idea of what i'm doing before i get started, and have not been able to find a tutorial or photos. Does it require 2 people?

Cheers!

Mick

• 2 months later...

I haven't fixed this issue yet. Almost went down the path of buying a new regulator myself, then saw this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261145229890?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1302wt_1125

Bought and giving it a try asap. Will update on progress. No Idea if the dimensions even match the R34 but looks close and $6 worth the try lol.

Every mechanic I went to see said "nop can't do it" straight away without even looking at the car. It seems these days if they can't replace it, they don't want to bother trying to fix it.

I myself just bought a whole new regulator assembly and installed it with the help of my house-mate. Got it on fairly easily, but couldnt bloody get the glass to come up flush with the seals. no matter how much adjusting, we couldnt get it. assuming that something got bent by a previous owner or something... anyway, it sort of 'fixed itself' after a few weeks, comes up fairly straight now! go figure...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I can confirm that I've totally fixed my problem - the green volvo regulator bush CAN be used!

This was a really irritating issue for me so I thought I'd write a little guide...

Acquire this item:

rvkl83.jpg

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261145229890?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1302wt_1125

Once you have it, it takes 15 mins of work to get it all working.

Step 1:

The bush is way too big. Looking at it front on in the pic...saw off the grey areas so its short enough to fit inside the rail..

t68hnn.jpg

Step 2:

2m4u0bn.jpg

Looking at it side on now. Its too thick as well. I used a dremel to drill out channels along the top and bottom (shown in red) so it would slide along the

front of the rail where it closes in.. Also cut off the back part a little (shown in yellow) so its not as thick.

EDIT: Don't cut any of the yellow - just realised I never did and its unnecessary.

Step 3:

zt93bk.jpg

Have to pry the top and bottom out a LITTLE bit...only do it towards the edge since the bush doesnt travel that far out. Also need to pry the bit of metal blocking entry on the left side.

Step 4:

Apply some grease to the area esp the red channels, and it should slide in from the left. Then push the arm into the bush and insert the retaining clip!

34iim4z.jpg

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...