SAU Community

Super Excited Just Got An Rs4

ppoida

Hi folks,

My friend said that forum was good for information on my new car, you will have to excuse me I'm bit for a car noob

I just picked up my RS4 it a great car has plenty of go, faster car I have owned. Ended up getting a nice black one 2001 model, 6 speed manual, twin turbo (apparently rare for this model the dealer said). Also has leather/Alcantara interior upgrade option, full exhaust (sounds really nice). Also has twin front mount intercoolers (apparently upgraded one I was told).

When I work out how to upload pic I'll put some up

I am having truoble finding the 6th gear even though the gear stick says 6 is bottom right it crunchs every time I try to put it in 6th on the freeway. I think I might go back to the dealer tomorrow get them o checkit out

Look forward to your guys helping me mod up my car

Pete

Hi folks,

My friend said that forum was good for information on my new car, you will have to excuse me I'm bit for a car noob

I just picked up my RS4 it a great car has plenty of go, faster car I have owned. Ended up getting a nice black one 2001 model, 6 speed manual, twin turbo (apparently rare for this model the dealer said). Also has leather/Alcantara interior upgrade option, full exhaust (sounds really nice). Also has twin front mount intercoolers (apparently upgraded one I was told).

When I work out how to upload pic I'll put some up

I am having truoble finding the 6th gear even though the gear stick says 6 is bottom right it crunchs every time I try to put it in 6th on the freeway. I think I might go back to the dealer tomorrow get them o checkit out

Look forward to your guys helping me mod up my car

Pete

Are you sure it's a 6 speed? Sounds like you are trying to put it in reverse!! :O

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

Hi Pete, welcome to the world of Stageas! This is a great forum, massive amounts of knowledge here.

Don't let afew little things dampen your excitement. By the sounds of it, your gearknob is lying to you. Forget about 6th gear.

Did you get an RS4S or an Autech 260RS?

Get some pics up!

Reverse is in the top left corner, is it possible a car can have 2 reverse gear????? The dealer sold it as a 6 speed manual should I go back and have them check. I looked under the bonnet it seems to be rb27dett motor thats what the cover says. How do I upload photos??

Thanks again

Pete

I think I must have a rare model or something, I've done a google search and can find any information on 6 speed stagea's or rb27dett motors. I feel I might have been ripped off does anyone here have the above in heir cars

Rb27dett or 6 speed

To the op - Pete your a muppet (but it is a good troll almost believable) :P

http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/a4-s4-rs4/35400-b5-rs4-opps.html

At least post some pics here - I am sure you can get some Wagon love :)

On another note I did just really buy a black Nissan Stagea Rs4s last week and sold the R34 ;)

Definitely an upgrade in my opinion.

LOL well it looks like my troll post has been busted, hope you all saw the funny side. Anyway I'm Pete and I do have an RS4 but it is an audi flavour of the RS4. I have a couple of project on the go "Project Slow" and "Project Faster" I use to be and import boy but I have moved over to the euro side of things of late, having said that I really love all cars.

So Here is Project Slow

1977 Audi Fox

Genuine 3 owner 200k Grandpa Spec The plan is over time full resto but im telling you parts are a complete B&%#$& to find so it will be a slow process

When I got it is was pretty dirty and missing loads of little bits but week by week im getting all the parts together and its becoming more complete. The car badly needed a tune too, running horribly and completely shagged suspension etc etc,

So Far I have done

- New shocks and springs all round

- New Starter Motor, Clutch, Dizzy, Water Pump, T-Belt

- Added Twin Throat 40 mm Webber

- Collected and replaced all the broken interior bits and pieces

- Added GTE tachco dash and steering wheel

IMG_1286.jpg

(Picking the old girl up)

IMG_1279.jpg

(Da Fox)

IMG_1628.jpg

(stripped the interior shampooed and cleaned everything)

IMG_1813.jpg

(the only fox i have seen at a wrecker full of gold for me)

IMG_1896.jpg

(cut and polished all back together at DOVW 2012 next to an audi 100)

IMG_2082_zpsbc5ad207.jpg

(now with weber and other new bits)

L1070681_zpsc3ee4eeb.jpg

(sweet period bosch foggy from a swap meet)

IMG_2365_zpsfaa094b0.jpg

(installed security system)

L1070750_zps4a54c064.jpg

(chrome bumper conversion)

Righto "Project Faster" ----> http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/a4-s4-rs4/36145-b5-rs4-restoration-bring-back-awesomeness-tread-caution-pic-heavy.html

Here is my faster car, above there is a link to my build tread. In summary 2001 Audi RS4

- Wagner 3inch DP's

- Wagner 100 cell racing cats

- Through to twin 2.5inch cat back system linked to mangaflow muffler

- Wagner Upgraded RS4 Twin Side Mount Coolers

- Sachs 15% upgraded clutch

- Revo 2+ Tune

All in all 430ish Hp AWD fun

L1070736_zpsc556c884.jpg

L1070734_zpsf944af91.jpg

L1070717_zps16e9f6b6.jpg

(hmm carbon)

L1070730_zpse005ce16.jpg

(gota love factory pumped gaurds)

IMG_2570_zpsfbaa3e27.jpg

Look forward to getting involved in the forum

Pete

Edited by ppoida

Well, not sure why your here, but a warm welcome to you.

With project slow, something my old man imparted onto me with classics, grab that battery out and rip all the stickers off it. It's the first thing yours eyes are drawn to in the bay, and its not nice!