SAU Community

Sau Qld - Blood Drive - 26/10

t5iv

Hey guys,

It's back and better than ever! The SAU QLD Blood Drive has been arranged for the 26th of October at the Edward St Donor Centre. The Red Cross has even been kind enough to organise parking for us - just working out the finer details of that at present.

Donating blood is a great cause and each litre can save 3 lives! Remarkable cause and with the great turnout we had last time, thought that we should do it again. Only, there's something a little different this time.... IT'S A COMPETITION!

After our last effort, Oscar from SAU VIC contacted me asking if they can conduct one as well. I mentioned that maybe we should make this huge and get the other states involved.... So, now we have SAU:SA, SAU NSW and SAU VIC coming to the party. They have contacted their respective donor centres and are all donating on the same day. The aim is for 150 donors over the eastern seaboard (and SA) from SAU on the one day.

Can you donate? http://www.donateblood.com.au/who-can-give/am-i-eligible

Who: Friends and Family of SAU QLD Members

What: Blood Drive to assist those in need

When: Saturday, 26 October, 2013. From 9am through to 2:30pm.

Where: Red Cross Blood Service, Edward St Donor Centre, Upper Ground Floor, 288 Edward St, Brisbane

Parking options will be provided once I have cemented it with the Red Cross

Why: Because donating blood is a great cause. It gives you a chance to help those in need, laugh at those who pass out/faint and smash VIC, SA and NSW

How: Register your interest and we will then secure a time for you.

Post up any questions here and one of the exec will answer it shortly. Alternatively, use the hyperlink in my sig to email me. :)

Last time we had 20-something donors, this time the target is still 30. Plasma also counts.

Let's get it happening and flog these guys!

Cheers,

Tony

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be in for this if I wasn't still in hospital. I would also like to thank everyone in advance who donates blood as I had a transfusion after my surgery two weeks ago (I lost a heap of blood during the op and my haemoglobin was down to 56) I was meant to get 4 bags but got a massive temp on the second one.

so thanks again to all that donate your helping people like me who make stupid decisions recover and live : )

cheers, shaun

Sorry guys count me out I am no longer allowed to give blood since my DVT last year and they discovered my bloods retarded (like the rest of me) however if you can then go for it!!! Great cause!!!

Sorry guys count me out I am no longer allowed to give blood since my DVT last year and they discovered my bloods retarded (like the rest of me) however if you can then go for it!!! Great cause!!!

That sucks! Hope that you're feeling better though. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I would be in for this if I wasn't still in hospital. I would also like to thank everyone in advance who donates blood as I had a transfusion after my surgery two weeks ago (I lost a heap of blood during the op and my haemoglobin was down to 56) I was meant to get 4 bags but got a massive temp on the second one.

so thanks again to all that donate your helping people like me who make stupid decisions recover and live : )

cheers, shaun

Blood and blood products really are awesome! I used to be a Nurse and I've seen first hand the amazing benefits that these products provide the ill, the stupid and the unlucky.

• 3 weeks later...