SAU Community

Dr30 And Hr31 S13 Based Coilover Kits (With Bump Steer Correction Kit )

clubracer

Hey guys,

I'm in the midst of designing a toe/bump steer correction kit so that owners of 30 and 31 Skylines can run S13 coilovers with S13 uprights.

Would love to know how many are interested in this. Am thinking they'll be around the $150 - $175 mark, or I'll do them for $1300 with a set of G-Force coilovers.

I'll probably only get 10-15 kits made to start with so please let me know an idea of numbers.

Cheers

Peter

• 3 months later...

Hey guys,

Here are the basic mockups of the bump steer correction kit (not finalised) and I've also created a rear coil over adapter - as you know S13 coilovers in the rear of a DR30 need to be at their highest setting (usually) just to get a lowered ride height (can't get a standard height) so I have created these that will bolt onto your coilovers so you have more height range adjustment, plus no need to drill holes as it converts from 2 to 3 hole.

Haven't worked out pricing yet but will be using top quality bearings on the bump steer kit which might drive up the price a little, but you don't want them failing on you!

bump-steer-correction-dr30-1.PNG

bump-steer-correction-dr30-2.PNG

DR30-S13-coilover-adapter-kit.PNGDR30-S13-coilover-adapter-kit-2.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I'm finalising the design and these should be in production in March. Just some final measurement checks and also some dust boots for the bearings. The complete kit front/rear will be around $250 - $280 and will come with everything you need to grab your S13 front uprights, S13 coilovers and bolt them in.

Please note this is for the DR30. The R31 kit will differ slightly.

Looks like we have 5 interested guys here. I'll be producing 10 kits to start with.

• 2 weeks later...

I've made a design change. It came to my attention that the kit wasn't going to be IPRA legal (which is what I'm building my DR30 for). Tie rods ENDS are free, but I have to use standard tie rods (or from another similar car). The use a normal rod end would put too much strain in the shank, so I've designed my own tie rod end that takes a motorsport spec spherical bearing. The good news is its a more elegant design, although it might cost a touch more, it will be more robust.

bump-steer-correction-dr30-v2-14mm.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay so the new design (not shown yet) is in production. Here is a replacement tie rod end (that takes a spherical bearing). I'll have the full batch by the end of the month, then have them in my car for testing asap.

tie-rod-end-pre-coating.jpg

• 2 weeks later...