SAU Community

Antidepressants

t5iv

Alcohol by definition is a depressant. Why anyone thinks it's a good way to "fix" emotional problems is beyond me. Also what TTR34 said above^^

However I wouldn't recommend phenibut for this, ESPECIALLY if it works. Phenibut is easily addictive, and if you take it more than once or twice every now and then, you'll find yourself in a MUCH worse place than you're in now. Withdrawals likened to benzos like Xanax, or opiates like heroin (obviously in more serious abuse cases).

funny you should say taurine cause red bulls always pick me up form mild depression....like any drug its a fine line and knowing the difference between..enough and too much though...but it can often just be enough to push my mood back in the right direction again...

And phenyethlymaine...where is that found cause I know i have use it before too

trick is with anything is to use it to push you back in the right mood direction and then use some self control to help stay there....not just rely on the drug to solve your issues...

Watch the movie "Limitless" if you dont know what i mean....brilliant flick ;)

This is it. A kick start is essentially what I need. Probably use it for a month or so and then use discipline to grow from there. Just need to get out of this headspace!

Alcohol has far more negative effects than marijuana........ tried Phenibut?

Alcohol is my friend. Don't try and break what we have together :P

I'm looking at Terry's suggestions just not sure where to get them :?

Nutrients (rather than drugs) can include...

* l-Tyrosine >> Noradrenalin & Dopamine

http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/buy/l-tyrosine/LTYRO

* dl-Phenylalanine >> Phenylethylamine & Noradrenalin

* S-Adenosyl Methionine >> about 4 brain neurotransmitters

* l-Tryptophan or 5-Hydroxytryptophan >> Serotonin

http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/buy/5-htp/5HTP

* l-Glutamine in conjunction with Taurine as a peptide >> Gamma A-Butyric Acid

Not sure about the others. Can buy glutamine and taurine from that same website, but I'm not sure what Terry means by "as a peptide"

Only testing can determine how much of a nutrient you require and when to take it

A nutrient is only to complement what you don't manufacture enough of - due to genes (or drugs for some)

Do either of your parents suffer from depression Tony or have in the past before age 50 (when andropause or menopause can stabilise things - or on a few occasions make things worse)?

l-Tyrosine as a molecule in 3D is the left handed version of d-Tyrosine

l-Tyrosine as on a Biochemistry Pathways chart is the active precursor of Noradrenalin (aka Norepinephrine), Dopamine and Thyroxine.

2 of those 3 are also known as endorphins that stimulated via 20mins plus of cardiovascular exercise

Only testing can determine how much of a nutrient you require and when to take it

A nutrient is only to complement what you don't manufacture enough of - due to genes (or drugs for some)

Do either of your parents suffer from depression Tony or have in the past before age 50 (when andropause or menopause can stabilise things - or on a few occasions make things worse)?

no. Well, not since my brother and I moved out. Hehehe :P

This is it. A kick start is essentially what I need. Probably use it for a month or so and then use discipline to grow from there. Just need to get out of this headspace!

I hate that headspace, I've never dabbled with anti depressants but when I get depressed consistently it usually just results in total lifestyle changes for me :/

kind of annoying not being stable and all but it does keep life interesting .. :)

I hate that headspace, I've never dabbled with anti depressants but when I get it consistently it usually results in total lifestyle changes for me :/

kind of annoying not being stable and all but it does keep life interesting .. :)

Don't think I can do a whole lifestyle change.

A) Can't leave work because will mess with future options

B) Can't leave the mrs. That's just an outright not happening

C) Can't leave the club. Worked way too hard to build it up don't want to see it crumble.

Talk to this man http://www.peetekchan.com/Home.html

Seriously. For me he found my issue was a food allergy, amazing results, For Anna he got into other areas of therapy amazing results

Also look up DBT as a therapy. There are some awesome things as part of that program.

Looked him up and may be worth a chance. Thanks for the link.

Had a chat with the mrs and she agrees that over the last 18 months, things have gotten progressively worse.

I've come to the resolution that there is a solution and it's going to be a solution that I don't like. Whether it be drugs or therapy etc..

Yes, if Serotonin is short. Niacin (the acid form of Vit B3) helps to utilise Serotonin better; and noticeably so, within a fortnight.

Still need testing to know how much should be taken.

Niacin helps with blood sugar too, do that midafternoon tiredness goes away.

A good brand is Hivita Stress (4x stronger than Blackmores Exec B Stress in the B3 department)

i was on them for a little while, hated them with a passion, for the time I was on them I was a zombie with no feelings at all.

the second i got sad or angry, anything like that, i felt as if i had hot water poured on my brain.

end of the day it was up to me to sort my shit out, not a drug