SAU Community

Antidepressants

t5iv

Well for something different I have been on a new anti depressant and various sups for a while now and just failed a work drug test fun fun

LOL from your prescribed medication and legal supps? Surely the failure of the test won't matter then right?

I don't touch the stuff. But getting stood down from work until retest kind of sucks. Had to give them a list of what sups and meds I take.

Balls. Surely when it's cleared up you'll still be paid for the period you were on stand-down?

Your Housemate Troy:-

If he starts things and goes off onto tangents, is bubbly but gets scatty or off with the fairies, always needs company, has loose bowel motions, complains and whinges > quite probably is bipolar.

If he's a loner, broods, interfering, manipulative, opinionated, feisty, defiant and stubborn > probably short on serotonin ie passive/aggressive

He loosely fits into parts of both those categories, lol. It's really hard to tell as he's been dealing with whatever it is for quite a few years, so he's actually really good at just dealing with it. You wouldn't know he had suspected bipolar at all unless someone told you :( But definitely fits more into the bipolar "symptoms" you listed there.

A bit of an update, the mrs grabbed some Swisse Mood pills for me.

Have been taking them for the last month along with some Fish Oil, Swisse Men's Multi, Immune booster and B12 pills.

Have also been gymcercising for the last fortnight and things seem to be getting a little better. Still got a short fuse from time to time but things are appearing to get better. When something big happens, that will be when I know more.

Shall see how this goes and keep you guys posted. Hate going to the GP so haven't ventured that path yet.

Thanks for all your advice.

• Like 1

puppies-best-antidepressant.jpg

haha pretty bloody much hey! He and his partner's cat is actually f**king awesome, it's so close to a puppy it's not funny. Whenever his mood sinks into depression, Stitches (the cat) seems to be able to tell straight away and is immediately REALLY affectionate and loving towards him, which helps heaps. Best cat I've ever met, might as well be a dog lol...I mean it was practically raised like one :D

Well for something different I have been on a new anti depressant and various sups for a while now and just failed a work drug test fun fun

Fuark! That sucks mate!

Can you get a doctor's certificate to prove that you haven't been taking anything illicit? That may assist your cause and help you get back on sooner.

Yeah apparently. Just got called back in. Apparently I can drive normal vehicles but not trucks...... Can't do high risk activities even though my job consists of nothing but high risk activities playing with electricity

weren't you required to state what medications (which should include supplements) you take before being tested?

Only had to state meds afterwoulds and also spoke to the work doctor who said current meds and sups would not cause a non negative result. After woulds I than tried a in house test and it failed to read thc ( not failed not passed ) I than tied another one which passed. It's been a slow slow day

Edited by Kenna802

Only had to state meds afterwoulds and also spoke to the work doctor who said current meds and sups would not cause a non negative result. After woulds I than tried a in house test and it failed to read thc ( not failed not passed ) I than tied another one which passed. It's been a slow slow day

A workmate failed his because he ate a poppyseed muffin 2 days prior. If you can delcare, they let you stay at work provided it isn't illegal. He couldnt work it out until a doctor mentioned poppyseeds. He had a 5 day holiday.

The fun continues . Had to drive to Brisbane yesterday there and back , all up 6 hours travel in a work car. I would hate to think if there are people that fail the test that are smokers who they give the benefit of the doubt and make them do that.