SAU Community

Antidepressants

t5iv

Doctors don't have test capabilities to know for sure but depending on one's symptoms they often prescribe serotonin reuptake inhibitors.

Side effects can include lowered libido, slower metabolism, quality of sleep circadian rhythms and gastrointestinal upsets.

Brands include Lexapro, Zoloft, Prozac, Luvox, Lovan, Aropax, Cipramil and the cheaper Alphapharm equivalents.

To get off them requires a bit of supplement > neurotransmitter juggling/testing.

Juxtaposed assistance can include a pet dog/parakeet, consistent exercise, omega 3 fish oil, Inositol, quitting sweets/alcohol/recreational drugs and inhaling (in confined spaces) paints, thinners and varnishes.

The other prescription drug you're on Genelle is a tricyclic type. They've been around since the early 70s when I was first registered. If required the doctors opt for a quadcyclic like Avanza (taken at night) due to its soporific effects. They're used to diminish depressive symptoms.

STOP TRYING TO GET MY FRIENDS ON DRUGS!!!! :P He isn't the only one you reccomended them to either lol

I've been on anti-depressants benzo and alprozam for the past 13 years now for Panic Attacks, Agoraphobia and OCD, to be honest I wish I never started them, I think that they have made me better in one way but worse in many others, I'm struggling to get off them they are so dependent, I never have energy and the have actually made me depressed and emotional, nothing could upset me before I started them but now I'm like a chick with pms, all in all try everything else first before you turn to them, St Johns Wort work awesome but I cant take them due to the presciption drugs, I'm trying to wean off the prescriptions and get back on the St Johns Wort.

It was a hard trot but I managed to wean off after about 10 years on assorted meds, had some really fecking bad times in there but been off them (none in the house completely off them) for about 6 months now and only the minor hiccup when I am in a position where I feel like there is a lot of pressure on me and my stress levels go through the roof... Some days are harder than others but when I find myself in a position where I am not feeling 100% I talk to someone, even if it's to distract me until I calm down or ask their opinion on whatever my current trigger is.

It came down to trying a range of supplements and 'natural' rememedies however all in all the best solution seemed to be having a string network of good friends, keeping myself busy and just trying to maintain a level of positivity. It was tough hut it also snowballed. There are dark patches and I just force myself through it.

^This... I cannot agree more with this... Seriously some of the people I met after a massive down of mine have helped me no end without even knowing it, most of them still don't know what they have done for me!

Troy is like a drug dealer without the drugs

You're the reason they have anti-drug "say no" propaganda in primary schools

• Like 1

I can't recommend Terry enough had my first consultation with him today and I found it great and really helpful, the detail he goes into is wonderful and doesn't leave you there wondering what the hell he meant as the majority of people I have seen for help from doctors to counselors you name it, just had my first dose of treatment and can't wait to see the results, I will keep you guys posted, thank you very much Terry.

• Like 1

You're very brave Dan to have spoken up like this on an open forum. I'm very proud of you (since it's unsolicited).

A bit of waiting time is required now.

Less of a dietary change than I thought is in order - although one item might need to be monitored.

This thread might end up like an RPAH show eh? But definitely not a circus.

Thanks for starting off with strong motivation - and from your school history let's hope you've got a bright future ahead!

• Like 1