SAU Community

New Pom To Wa

monkeyman

Our point is this is where you live now, you drive a Commonwhore, EAD and STFU.

I can't stay mad at you :wub:

Hope we haven't scared you away yet Cal :P

we all love each other in a shitty brothers kinda way. he will fit in.

at least i own a lesser spotted common whore. its not a full common whore.

its like nicki minaj. common whore with bits added on to make it look less like a common whore.

i have the nicki minaj of cars.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the nicki minaj of cars.

Your cars got a heavily modified wide ass? nice :P

No you havnt scared me off yet. Ive just been pissing myself reading through your comments to each other.

Just to clear my own views up, I dont mind hatchbacks in the right shape, 180sx, Toyota supra, 300z, celica etc etc its just the ones that have that horrible mini people carrier shape (fiestas, focus, KA, clio, megane, 106, 206, metro, twingo, polo, golf...breathe...saxo, DS5, 500, 1 series, cincuento, astra, new mini etc etc etc etc) I think they are ugly and no amount of modifying will make them worth owning. Not saying they are all bad cars just not really something an enthusiast should waste their time on.

Gotta say this forum seems real welcoming so far so thanks guys :)

Haha, great welcome and read guys.

Welcome to the forum Monkey.

I have tried researching as much as I can of Australia but certain things are just not easy to find online so I do have a few questions which I hope some people on here could help me out with?

How does car ownership work in WA exactly? Im talking serious basics here because I know nothing in this area.
Do cars require a yearly test etc?
Also what is a rego and yellowslip? Ive seen those words come up but dont understand them exactly.
Is there anything I should look out for when buying my first car? (Aside from obvious mechanical stuff, I simply mean registration wise)

Thanks in advance for any help given

WA specific I can't help with sorry.

Registration (Rego) is like MOT. you pay the government to be allowed to drive your car on the roads.

Yellowslip = Defect notice? (WA may have slips?) If your car is suspected to be unroadworthy for any reason you can be issued a defect which means your no longer allowed to drive on the roads until you have inspection proving repairs/mods removed. (If still rego'd you can drive to place of repair)

When buying you can do a REVS check or some sort like it. For a small fee you provide the engine number and rego number and they conduct a history search checking if stolen, been in accidents, has finance, etc.

I recently spent 3 years in the UK so I know what you mean about the 'general' lack of decent car enthusiasts. Most of the 'real' cars are just your top end expensive ones like AMG, Audi R8, etc.. as for 'normal people' cars they are very rare. You will find, as with most things here, Oz is pretty much half way between US and UK.

Thanks Sklyn! that clears alot up. . .however I have more questions (Should be the last ones)

Do you have to have some kind of test with a rego (Like emissions test or anything) or do you just pay a fee each year to drive?

Also is insurance mandatory in WA? (I will insure my cars but it makes buying and organising a purchase that much easier if it doesnt have to be done straight away)

Your exactly right about the "real cars" in the UK. my house mate wants to ship his merc c class deisel over to aus (which is only worth about $15000)when he makes the move which is ridiculous when you consider that fact you can have a turbo or V8 engine in aus which is impossible to do in UK. Typical brit attitude right there!!

Most welcome =)

another thing you will be grateful for is the price of fuel here. We bitch and moan about how expensive it is but its substantially cheaper here than the UK.

98ron fuel is little more than £1/L give or take, depending on fluctuations and exchange rate.

OK dare I ask what mods the authorities have allowed us? and what is not allowed?

easiest example, in nsw, ypure not allowed to have an exposed pod filter.

cannot be authorised.

in wa, you can.