SAU Community

Tig Welding Machine

r34unit

Bang for buck, Unitig AC/DC 200 amp. You will need to buy a foot pedal for it though, and 15A GPO.

I have used one daily for about 5 years, good unit. Only once did it let me down, a circuit board blew out, but the replacement part was on the shelf in Sydney. I just can't justify buying a Miller for 5k when this one does a similar job for 1/4 the price.

• 1 month later...

I have the same unitig as scotty, had it about a year now with no issues except for the gas reg that comes with it was leaking slighlty but they swapped it over for me on the spot. i got my sparky mate to install a 15 amp power point as is required for any high amperage equipment. to run the 15 amp line and power point cost me about 150 dollars. I havn't had to push 200 amos through it yet however i have put together some mild steel at about 140 amps for about 2 hours and it seemd fine, no noticable increase in temp of the machine etc. if your a beginer, then dont let all the knobs scare you, once you read uup about them you can adjust them to what ecer you need. most are simple stuff like post gas flow time etc which are not critical to typical jobs however help to finish up welds. youll get it after a short time. many years ago i used a large and expensive cig weld machine when i did nascars and in all seriousness the only difference i care to mention is the size and weight of these new inverter technology units. i have it mounted on the wall just above a bench and mostly use ot to do my own exhausts and cooler piping etc. It seemed to be the best value for money at the time.

A few times, 6 track days I think. The auto box doesn't like it much. :/

yeah gotta get a manual in there!

Would there be any stores that stock uni tig 200s in in sydney?

been to the track much scotty?

im in melbourne and i got mine from a mob called united tools

try this, http://www.unitedtools.com.au/new-south-wales/

Silverwater welding supplies have them also total tools (who had a big sale recently and u could have saved a bit) and also Hare and Fobes (also had a sale on).

I purchased a cigweld acdc machine when total tools had 30% off everything in store a while ago and have found it to be a good machine. Cost me a little less then what the normal price of the unimig machine was going for.

• 3 weeks later...

It still has the same model number - search Smootharc Advance MIG 200C (for some reason SAU won't let me paste links, or even copy / paste into my posts :domokun:). Not sure whether they've changed the internals - for that kind of price rise, I'd hope so. Mine was on special when I bought it. I paid $750, and it's currently advertised at $1160-ish. I've seen them advertised for over $1200.

Top unit though (for a MIG). It turns ordinary welders like me into freakin geniuses.

I did a course a while ago and we were able to use the new lincon welders. It was able to automatically adjust wire speed and amps to the metal thickness. Bloody amazing machine and made u look like a pro. They were into the thousands though and more for large shops I think.

the prob with the BOC ac/dc is you cant run a pedal on them.

ive been looking at the token tools ac/dc they look like a good bit of kit, anyone had anything to do with them?

Not the token tools one however when researching for my machine I narrowed it down to the unimig machines and the cigweld. Silverwater Welding highly recommend the Unimig machine and have had very little trouble with them. I only bought the cigweld machine because of the deal I got.

I just bought a token tools Alupulse 200D Deano, haven't had much time to weld, but the stuff i have done has come out great (and i haven't TIG welded for 25 years). Got the pedal with it but haven't used it yet but everything else is quality.