SAU Community

Curricilum Vitae/ Resume/ C.v.

monkeyman

Hi all

Im just in the process of re writing my C.V. for my arrival in Australia (From UK)

Was just wanted to know if there is anything potential employers will be looking for? or if anyone on here is actually looking for new employees by chance?

I will be applying for jobs within the car industry, mechanics, servicing, panel beating, detailing etc etc. in the Geraldton area, although I will be able to relocate within a reasonable distance (An hours drive or so from Geraldton)

Also what would you generally wear to a job interview? smart shirt and slacks?

any tips much appreciated. . .

I cant offer any help with the resume but I'm from gero, only moved to perth a few years ago. It used to be pretty tough to get a job, but since most people want to work on mine sites you should be alright.

The only places within an hours drive are mullewa, dongara or northampton, you'd be better off looking primarily in geraldton.

Do you have any experience or qualifications in any specific automotive area?

Do you have any farm experience? Plenty of farms within an hour or so, it's harvest season as well so you might land something.

Grab the local paper (geraldton guardian), friday's usually has the most jobs in it. Check out some online places like http://www.midwestjobseeker.com.au/ or http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-geraldton/l3008139

I have experience in the following automotive areas:

Light vehicle fitting and servicing

Basic panel beating (Im currently learning)

Vinyl wrapping

buying, selling and design are strong points.

The rest of my experience is in people management as I work in head office right now in Tesco (International supermarket)

I also run my own ebay store (www.motomods.co.uk) its a little side project but has helped me build up an extensive network of suppliers and fitters worldwide. Suprisingly alot of my sales actually go to australia so im hoping for a chance to utilise that one day and creat a fully operating business.

I have no farm experience but I was planning on looking for agricultural work to allow my visa to be extended up to two years. Apparently 3 months is required but its seasonal so I may have to wait until Nov 2014 to get a job.

Thanks for the links dude ill be sure to check em out.

You should be able to find something half decent with that skill set.

Harvest is seasonal, but there is still plenty of other work to do on a farm for the rest of the year, so you might still land something.

• 6 years later...
49 minutes ago, Sebastrue said:

As far as I know, resume style is different

Bollocks. There are no rules. You write your resume or CV to suit the application that you are putting it to. You don't use the same format for a job as a carpenter as you do for a job as an engineer as you do for a position on a community committee.

• Latest Posts

• Hey sycotix and welcome!  We changed domain names a while back, some of the old links still go to the old domain. If you can click the report button on these posts I can fix them up. I try to attack them as I find them. Thanks! Christian
    • you would hope ECU voltage & battery voltage would be the same  
    • Hi all Finally about to achieve my childhood dreams of owning a Skyline.  '96 R33 GTS-T is coming down from Queensland in the next week.  I tried using a lot of the links in the stickied posts to learn more but they link to another domain that won't load. Have these been moved somewhere so I can RFM and not bother people with basics questions? Not a mechanic by any means so really trying to learn everything there is to know about my new baby.  Thank you! 🙂
    • It won't know it's misfiring but I'm thinking if I can compare the values of things like tps and maf then at least I can rule them out if they are within range when it's acting up.  That speedo cable sounds like a bit of a drag. But hey, worth a try to see if I can fix it. Going to focus more on the stalling issue for now and come back to that once that part is sorted. Thank again for all of your help!