SAU Community

Fuel Pump Install - Help!

samtaylor

Hi guys, new to the forum but in need of some serious help.

I recently bought a 2000 ER34 GTT and have had some starting issues in the 2 weeks ive had it.

The car will start in the mornings when cold first time everytime, with the fuel pump priming as normal, but sometime (especially once it warms up) the car will crank for maybe 10 seconds and only just start.

So I did the wiring mod with relay and fuse directly to the battery, and it feels and sounds like it is running slightly better.

But, today I bought a new fuel pump - Bosch 040.

Took the standard fuel pump out as normal, but when I compared the 2 fuel pumps they are completely different?

There is no where for the sock to go, the pump wont sit in the bracket, and the connections are all different??

I have done A LOT of research and cant come across anything to help me do the swap.

Has anyone done this exact mod to their GTT?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers for any advice, I will introduce myself properly with pics asap.

Sam

Yep, I read that over and over again, but then realised that Im still not going to low enough inside the tank for the pump to work...

I purchased a DW300 pump from Prospeed Racing last night and hoping it arrives throughout the week so I can get it in and the car back on the road!