SAU Community

Momo Outrun M3 Tyres. Has Anyone Tried These?

Munkyb0y

Have had them for 8 months daily driver. Making 180rwkw

255s on xxr18s. Good in wet good in dry. Minimal road noise. Excellent value for preformance. Please note these tyres feel like a much softer compound than what im used to does wear quite quickish. I don't do launches or punch it hard but I do a few kms in year. So yeah.

Not a tyre expert. Quite happy with them on the road. Esp with this heavy duty clutch in the rain :|

Edited by Therealsandybang

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any update on the momo tyres?

How many k's you've done on them?

Has the rubber changed? Hardened?

going by my first post, it's been over a year now with these up front. they have not hardened or developed any inconsistency.

not sure of kms. i'll guess at 8-10k.

still grippy. suprisingly not much wear, and wearing evenly.

i'm really pleased with the tyres. i highly recommend them.

i will be getting these again. there is nothing close in this price range, and probably nothing for double the price too.

Only st george tyres in rockdale sell the momos as its their brand with momo together... price is the same... ask for Sam and just tell him Daniel with the white r34 sent you and he'll fix you up a tad, good family friends...

• 4 months later...

Hi, I realize it's an old thread but.......I bought a full set of these shoes for my little rvr 18 months ago from a place in Brookvale. I've now travelled 30,000 with them, and have given them hell. I have a problem with my right foot, which triggers a problem with my left foot, but it only happens in cars. For the money, these are super sticky.

I'm about to go and get another set as I'm now 1mm from the wear indicators. They did go off a little bit after about 7000km's or so on the front, but I rotated them at 10000 km's.

I have found them faultless in wet / dry / hard braking / cornering. I even started trying to REALLY push and find where they would let go after the first 500 km's, simply because they gave me so much confidence, again no luck until I'd worn a fair bit of tread off them.

I run mine around 38-40 psi with 205/50 r17's, but man they have made my bus stick through any corner I've thrown at it.

I've had expensive tyres on many cars over the years, although this is my first awd car. I actually bought it as a bit of a laugh for taking dogs to the beach and back, but then once I got to know it with the momo outrun m3's, I just love to take it out and give the rex's etc a shock whenever possible.

Go the Momo's, you won't be disappointed. :yes:

• 1 month later...

+1 here as well

Had these Tyres on my GTR for the last 6 months.

Grip good dry and wet, no complaints.

I would easily recommend them to anyone reading this because you will not get better money for value. 100%

• 11 months later...

I drive on them daily on my wagon, they are a bit noisy (expected from a $75-80 tyre). I'll be spending a bit more next time on quiet.

Tread life is great though, mine look almost new and it's been a bit over a year since I got them. Grip is decent, although since my tyres are oversized, they roll a bit more and the front end looses grip under acceleration while turning (e.g. turning onto a motorway on-ramp, Subaru Liberty turbo).

I drive on them daily on my wagon, they are a bit noisy (expected from a $75-80 tyre). I'll be spending a bit more next time.

Tread life is great though, mine look almost new and it's been a bit over a year since I got them.

Where do you get them for that price? What size?