SAU Community

Rb26Dett To Rb26De

nltd

Hi,

Most will probably say what the f**k are you doing.

but yes, i do want to convert my rb26dett to a 26de.

Reasoning: just finish the build on my 32gtr, and i want to enjoy that. however, i still have a standard rb26 sitting around....along with a standard 72' datsun 240z...so that should clear it up abit more.

I dont ever plan on selling the s30 and im tossing up between keeping it original l24 or going rb. my reasoning towards the rb conversion is that since i dont plan on selling it and keeping the L24. i might as well go all out...

What kind of things would need to be done to convert the standard rb26 to a na screamer. im awayre of the pistons to up the compression. but any thing else?

trying to keep costs to a minimum =\ and buying another engine would be abit pricey.. esp fr rocky auto, and then id have a stock one to sell.. stock ones arent so easy to sell either. ive tried. :(

Edited by nltd

http://forum.r31skylineclub.com/index.php?topic=104694.0

/\ Here

from the topic

IMG_4531.jpg?t=1230424228

What it has:

Adaptronic ECU
1 Bar Haltech Map Sensor

Nismo Pressure Plate
Chromoly Flywheel
Cushioned Button Clutch

Series 2 R33 GT-R Head
Camtech Cams 290 degree (seat to seat), 263 degree (50 thou), 11.5mm lift - Biggest for RB26 from Camtech at the time
Adjustable Cam Gears
Supertech Valve springs
Supertech Valve Stem Seals
Bosch 440cc Injectors
Nitto Intake and Exhaust Gaskets
Nitto 1.8mm Head Gasket
Head Stud Kit for RB30DE/T setup
Running very close to 12:1 compression
RB25DE Pistons (slightly shaved)
Mahle Motorsport Ring Set
Balanced Rods
Tomei Oil Restrictors
ACL Race Main Bearings
ACL Race Big End Bearings
Crank has been grub screwed
Crankshaft oil pump drive collar
R33 GTS-T Oil Pump
R32 GT-R Water Pump
Ross Tuffbond Harmonic Balancer
Lewis Engines Race Sump 7.5lts Gated
Splitfire Coilpacks
Rebuilt HR31 GTS-X radiator
Head to Sump oil/air separator

Tuned Equal Length Hurricane Extractors
2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust
3" Stainless Steel Cat
Hotdog
Mega flow rear muffler (straight through style).

topic property of DMN NA R31sc.com

Edited by GH05T

i would honestly rather keep the Z n/a. and what better engine for it than the rb. i dont really care about the power, my gtr is there for that. Im all down for the screaming high revs bouncing off trees when i go for a drive. i think it would be better if i just na a rb26dett rather than buy a 1 of 200 autech rb26? last i heard they were goin for 6k...IF you can find one. LOL. rb26/30 na would be affordable.. jsut swap over some parts n vwoahlah. (ok maybe not that easy) but within reach. ive been trying to source a autech rb26....not happening.. =\

i pm'd him. hopefully he replies. im hoping to go to his workshop since he is fr sydney, and check out his work. his build showed it got 170rwkw... which isnt much. but from a FR car that weighs 1000kg and an engine that can rev over 9k. mmmmm

i pm'd him. hopefully he replies. im hoping to go to his workshop since he is fr sydney, and check out his work. his build showed it got 170rwkw... which isnt much. but from a FR car that weighs 1000kg and an engine that can rev over 9k. mmmmm

Why not RB25DE NEO ?

Why not RB25DE NEO ?

Great option.

It's never going to be a power house like a turbo motor. But this would be a great option. Cheap motor, set it up using headers and ITBs. No need to even open it, besides cams. Enjoy the noise and cruise in a awesome sounding and looking car.

Leave the power to the R.

the only reason going this way is becausei have a spare rb26 long motor at home. no one wants the long motor so i might aswell chuck it in. its missing the turbos and the sump.. which is perfect. since i dont need both. everything else is still there.

DO IT

skimmed the head because the 8.5:1 compression will suck donkey cock, bring it to like 9.5:1 or even more if the pistons don't foul the valves.

then mod the intake plenum and install 6 flutes, bring the rev limiter up to 10k (I'm sure it will spin easily to that safely as it's now making 1/2 the power)

then whack on some retarded long duration cams...

brap brap brap brap hahah