SAU Community

SAU History 101

I would have made it in June 2002...but didn't know SAU existed until I got pointed in this direction from cough *Fast Fours* cough, cough...but still made the 1337-ness of 2002 :happy:

• 5 months later...

I only joined SAU a couple of months ago :( when i had just bought my Skyline, but i had surfed it before that and knew it was top stuff.

Only after a few days i realised how awesome this network of enthusiasts is. I have learnt enough in this time to converse with Skyline owners of 5 years! And the majority of dudes & gals on here actually give a stuff about basic questions and are relatively patient with n00bs.

I have been on a couple of cruises organised on these forums and have really become an 'active' member of the import scene, as far as possible in such a short time period anyhow.

I want to thank all the guys who initiated Skylines Australia :D and to all its contributors who have literally turned a bunch of forum postings into a massive, organic, evolving body of knowledge.

I have been able to look after my car without needing to rely on busy mechanics, which means i save $$$ and i get a variety of opinions on here. A mechanic only gives you his opinion, and it usually involves giving him more money.

On SAU members comments are posted purely to help each other and share our experiences.

With some editing, SAU could definitely become an authentic worldwide authority on owning a Skyline (even performance cars in general) and should be published in a variety of forms to maintain its longevity- it shouldn't become marketed and commodified (it would lose its user-contributor freedom) but could be made into a hard copy of five years of the developing import scene in Oz, and subscribers would be the first in line to benefit from this.

I hope to get my kids into SAU. Keep it going strong! :)

• 1 year later...
And would someone smack porgie and get him back, slack prick. Come in charlie, do you copy ?

you dirty little... still have your number. might start pranking you soon.

as for porgie, he's gooooone :P

never shell. might not visit as often but i still think about all of you. we spent way too much time together. :ermm:

oh i spoke to porgie about a year ago.. so hes still alive.. somewhere hahahhaha

Ahhh the ol days.. we had a awesome group back then..

ay we sure did. man did we have some fun...

big fun...

big as this damn horse dog called monty.

montycharlienz1.jpg

rimg0013zf8.jpg

we screwed cars

rimg0002js3.jpg

even had threesomes (i have 38 of those rape pics)

rimg0030ie9.jpg

we met at P6

rimg0007dm1.jpg

and went places

rimg0047vz5.jpg

where we ate food

rimg0065ui0.jpg

and took photos of each other (still waiting for your pic of me shell :( )

rimg0010or9.jpg

we entertained guests from sweden (middle) with kebabs and gtr-80y's

rimg0016xy3.jpg

we went on many cruises with 20 + or even just a few cars

terrigalcruise024yu3.jpg

we played jokes on each other

ur2ezownedfu7.jpg

went to track days

rimg0067tk4.jpg

but we mostly hung out every saturday night

1200220061942teamwestsitl0.jpg

and let me tell you a little story of how friendly the community was back then. you went and met a guy over the internet who took you for a spin in his car. along the way a skyline drives next to you. you look at each other and pull up at the next car park to talk for an hour. skylines were rare, expensive and importing one was f'ing hard but finding a friend was easy.

sidewaysmambo and i drive along brighton and meet ceral_jacques

rimg0056qs4.jpg

yeah, we had some fun. thanks for the memories sau. :D

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

hey

thnx for that introduction, made me feel as if i knew this forum for ages ! and also thnx for the pics they are nice

cant wait to get a skyline

i also checked nd it seem SAU has grown bigger than SDU !

really good job guys

tc

Edited by R34_luvr

• 1 month later...
Nice :)

Look at the community we now have :D

Been on the forum for a little while and never read this but...

much much bigger now... well done guys :(.. these forums are full of good information and great people to answer questions that we are troubled about..

And then I changed my name to DR GTR after owning a R33 GTR. Had the TeamWestside club as you can see from the pics. We had cruises and meetups every weekend for about two years. Best times.

Oh boy. Times have changed though. I wish the new guys here got to experience those golden years we had.

Remember Gang wars too? Thats was awesome. Took us through many work hours.

NorthSide and Westside hand gang signs. haha.

Thanks to all the OG's and thanks to SAU.

Edited by REDGTT

Btw that group pic you see was one of our hangouts at Cabramatta. Thats only half of the group. The other shy half didnt want to take pics. That was a great night. After that we went to Eastern Creek Go Carts.

We had regulars like Andrew(Merli) and Tosh and Nick(Blitz) and many others come from the northside.

When we were younger and had times on our hands and when the law didnt clamp down too hard on our cars.

• 2 weeks later...
Btw that group pic you see was one of our hangouts at Cabramatta. Thats only half of the group. The other shy half didnt want to take pics. That was a great night. After that we went to Eastern Creek Go Carts.

We had regulars like Andrew(Merli) and Tosh and Nick(Blitz) and many others come from the northside.

When we were younger and had times on our hands and when the law didnt clamp down too hard on our cars.

There were even a few rough non skyline owners in that crew too Minh, but some of us converted over after seeing the light... or at least 32's in pieces for the better part of a year!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

you dirty little... still have your number. might start pranking you soon.

never shell. might not visit as often but i still think about all of you. we spent way too much time together. smile.gif

ay we sure did. man did we have some fun...

big fun...

big as this damn horse dog called monty.

montycharlienz1.jpg

rimg0013zf8.jpg

we screwed cars

rimg0002js3.jpg

even had threesomes (i have 38 of those rape pics)

rimg0030ie9.jpg

we met at P6

rimg0007dm1.jpg

and went places

rimg0047vz5.jpg

where we ate food

rimg0065ui0.jpg

and took photos of each other (still waiting for your pic of me shell wink.gif )

rimg0010or9.jpg

we entertained guests from sweden (middle) with kebabs and gtr-80y's

rimg0016xy3.jpg

we went on many cruises with 20 + or even just a few cars

terrigalcruise024yu3.jpg

we played jokes on each other

ur2ezownedfu7.jpg

went to track days

rimg0067tk4.jpg

but we mostly hung out every saturday night

1200220061942teamwestsitl0.jpg

and let me tell you a little story of how friendly the community was back then. you went and met a guy over the internet who took you for a spin in his car. along the way a skyline drives next to you. you look at each other and pull up at the next car park to talk for an hour. skylines were rare, expensive and importing one was f'ing hard but finding a friend was easy.

sidewaysmambo and i drive along brighton and meet ceral_jacques

rimg0056qs4.jpg

yeah, we had some fun. thanks for the memories sau. happy.gif

Smokes, I wish the rest of those pics worked.

Look at the 2 (from 3) white sky's!

Miss those days,

Smokes, I wish the rest of those pics worked.

Look at the 2 (from 3) white sky's!

Miss those days,

That's called a "Posterity Post" hehe...

Ever tried to organise a reunion? That'd be something!

• 2 months later...