SAU Community

SAU History 101

I think we need a reminder of our friend Mines_Datsun... of course it was before my time here, but the way you guys carry on, i think he deserves a honorable mention, and give us a reminder of his sheer stupidity! thanks for taking the time to write this up funky

u spelt me name wrong beotch

man ur making me feel old reading all them.

but to sort some facts out SDU never shutdown its still goin as is its Aus forum, but as mentioned is being run more inline with club which is for kiwi's

How did I misspell your name beyotch? your nick was skyzerr back then wasn't it?

there was a couple of days where the forums went offline... I blamed you guys for pissing em off, just as I was about to buy my first Skyline :( that's what i meant by shut down

Skylines Australia is born...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...thread.php?t=77

Post Number 22 is where the term Skylines Australia is first used.

Quickly followed by SDU-AU, SOZ (man who thought of that one?), SPranK (PranK's early hints at a dictatorship) and NSA (which still sounds like a cool FBI style name).

OI! Post number 21, thanks very much!! By me!! :boobies2:

I agree SDU went down hill something chronic when it got to political (hence why im not a member anymore) SAU forums seem to be more "on topic" and "knowledgeable".

Just to add im sure there is a few ppl around here from the old ezboard days many years ago (5?) the original birthplace of both forums :)

I think we need a reminder of our friend Mines_Datsun...  of course it was before my time here, but the way you guys carry on, i think he deserves a honorable mention, and give us a reminder of his sheer stupidity! thanks for taking the time to write this up funky

I second that...the original thread was deleted though :D

I joined in August 02, generally keep a low profile

• 3 weeks later...

Things have changed even in the time I have joined, which isn't a massive amount of time really.

Seems the forums are getting a lot "younger" and the intelligence is dropping a little ;)

Don't think you would have got many of the types of threads you now get a couple of years back..

• 1 month later...

interesting... especially digging up those old threads... i thought most of them was gone since the last server maintenance or something...

I thought by longitute/latitude nz is located closer to the south pole than tasmania? so that makes them really downunder?

i'm not old skool enuf? or cos i just dun postwhore enuf in wasteland?