SAU Community

RB26DETT spun bearings

A friend of mine mentioned the acumulator too , I would be concerned about air leaks etc . Theres a lot of money and inconvienence riding on it working correctly and for long enough . I guess if your competing seriously and had the engine in bits I reckon the correct sump is the way to go .

That smashed engine I saw had a modified sump and I think pick up but I don't recall seeing the trap doors .

As food for thought the owner of that car sold it and the current owner has lost another two or three engines (not sure if its surge related) , so for my money I'd insist on the most reliable lubrication system I could get .

Incidentally that sump was removed and re fitted from underneath which may or maynot have been easier than removing the engine to get at it .

Cheers A .

Ok guys, so you both make em... got any links? PM with price and how to find out more info  :D

*points to link in signature for proengines*

I was putting a Tomei sump baffle in my car, but as soon as I saw Greg's (proengines) baffles I immediately went with those. Bigger trapdoors than any other baffle I have seen, and there is no way oil can escape from the pickup undr hard cornering and acceleration/braking.

Now I am curious as to wether or not this extra oil return from the back of the head can be done without pulling the engine (I think im dreaming...).

clicked on that link and get:

"This Account Has Been Suspended

Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible. "

may want to look into that... :D

Since this thread started i've been on 3 track days, about to go on a 4th... standard RB26 engine internals/sump.. std turbos, oil cooler with remote oil filter... only running on road rubber and haven't had any trouble yet *touch wood*... the biggest thing i'm worried about is my turbos letting go and embedding into my pistons.

clicked on that link and get:

"This Account Has Been Suspended  

Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible. "

may want to look into that... :rofl:

oops... it's worth updating those credit card details when you get a new card..

the sites there now.

• 11 months later...

gday guys, now im in the same boat, i have spun a bottem end bearing. just after a bit of heap with my rebuild.

now i dont really want to add a sump extension. but i was goin to put an N1 oil pump and tomei block restrictor and r33 gt-r crank and maybe N1 harmonic balancer. will this help with the oil problems?

also would it be worth also putting sump and rocket cover baffles in?

im chasing 300-400 4wkw's in the long run. im at 205 4wkw's so a little bit to go. willremote oil filter and oil cooler benifit me? im not after track usage, more for the 400m sprint.

cheers guys

also would it be worth also putting sump and rocket cover baffles in?

Yes it would definately be worth putting in sump baffles while its all apart. Pro Engines (www.proengines.com.au) can provide you with a JUN copy, without the attatched JUN price tag. Its for the standard capacity sump, has huge metal trapdoors on light hinges to keep as much oil as possible around the pickup, very well designed and quite a few cars using them without any problems.

heres a free tip that WORKS: you need to fill the oil up to about 0.5cm above the hump on the didstick

prettymuch an extra 1.7-litres over full.

i tested this im my r32gtr at wakfield with a mechanicl oil pressure guage and after a whole day of trackwork shes still good. not a smidgen of oil surge.

cheeres :lol: