SAU Community

M35 Ecu Upgrade Options

DaveM35

Can we save the bitch fights for Facebook of someplace equally full of useless shit?

nup....simply don't read it if you don't like it.

Forums are about discussion Cam. Thanks for your pointless though!!!!

• Like 1

:action-smiley-069: Hi Craig

Discussion, yes absolutely, yet the only time I noticed you in this here thread was when you started shitpost-attacking Hypergear (warranted or not).

Do we really need have this kind of BS on what is generally an informative forum? Leave the bitchiness to the kiddies on Facebook.

Also, how would I know I don't like it if I didn't read it? Your logic is flawed mate.

Oh, I know, perhaps type "Shit post attack" or "shit stir post" as the first line of similar posts in future and I won't read them Craig.

Maybe others wouldn't be subjected to such childish finger-vomit as well.

• Like 1

Shit post attack & shit stir post!!!

:action-smiley-069: Hi Craig

Discussion, yes absolutely, yet the only time I noticed you in this here thread was when you started shitpost-attacking Hypergear (warranted or not).

Do we really need have this kind of BS on what is generally an informative forum? Leave the bitchiness to the kiddies on Facebook.

Also, how would I know I don't like it if I didn't read it? Your logic is flawed mate.

Oh, I know, perhaps type "Shit post attack" or "shit stir post" as the first line of similar posts in future and I won't read them Craig.

Maybe others wouldn't be subjected to such childish finger-vomit as well.

LOLz

Edited by Jetwreck

• 2 weeks later...

Ok back to me asking questions that have probably been pondered upon by many before. I have read many posts but i'll add it here to attract fresh ideas.

Cable throttle :P

Driving my M35 as a RWD manual with an electronic throttle (the delay in response) is massively annoying. I'm hoping to get my emanage tune looked at to see what can be achieved and i read a post from years ago where Scotty had a play with an emanage + cable throttle with the auto, I also had a read of the adaptronic build with cable throttle.

Knowing what people know now about the various ecu's what info would be relevant for me wanting to swap to a cable throttle.

I'm at the stage now with my M35 that it's now time to focus 100% on getting it to run well and be a ball to drive.

Cheers

Edited by Beregron

Ok back to me asking questions that have probably been pondered upon by many before. I have read many posts but i'll add it here to attract fresh ideas.

Cable throttle :P

Driving my M35 as a RWD manual with an electronic throttle (the delay in response) is massively annoying. I'm hoping to get my emanage tune looked at to see what can be achieved and i read a post from years ago where Scotty had a play with an emanage + cable throttle with the auto, I also had a read of the adaptronic build with cable throttle.

Knowing what people know now about the various ecu's what info would be relevant for me wanting to swap to a cable throttle.

I'm at the stage now with my M35 that it's now time to focus 100% on getting it to run well and be a ball to drive.

Cheers

The m35 with cable throttle and adaptronic is mine. It is great. The only issue is with the autobot not kicking back which for you is no issue. So yeah go for it!
  • Like 2

Seriously don't bother with the cable throttle, I originally had Josh's throttle on my car and although admittedly it was with the emanage, the Fcon feels so much better. The throttle response is instantaneous with the brake cut, the only lag is due to the large plenum size. It took me quite a while to sort out the cable arrangement and weld bits on the pedal in the correct spot too. I am definitely sticking with the electronic throttle now.

By ditching the electronic throttle the ecu is in limp mode, meaning the cams need to be controlled by the standalone. This will likely never be done aftermarket as well as the stock ecu can control them.

The Link Fury with plugin loom is now tuned and running perfectly in Rick's car, no errors and everything is stable. We will post a vid soon. It's the first standalone other than the Fcon to be successfully installed without losing functionality or or that factory drivability, as a standalone should be, and this one can be tuned by anyone without knockoff software. :P

• Like 3

Does the Fury control the VQ25det cam timing or do you still need the OEM ECU in there?

It can, but that would put the stock ecu into limp mode, which would cause a knock on effect of loosing functionality. We needed a setup which retained all stock drivability without throwing any codes, similar to the Fcon, hence keeping the stock ecu in place and happily running the cams and throttle as per OEM, which is working as planned.

We will likely be looking at aftermarket control of the cams and throttle down the track, as this ecu does support it, but it will require a standalone auto controller or manual conversion, which is more than most can afford. Do I think tuning the EVCT from stock will transform the tune? No. I doubt it would be noticeable, at best 5 or so kw in the midrange from my discussions with a few tuners. Perhaps using aftermarket cams it may help more, but the stock gearbox is at it's limits with the current crop of highflow turbo's anyway, even the 350z 6 speed would struggle with the torque I suspect.

The fact that a fixed timing and fuel map can now be used with 2 step launch and flex, hopefully ditching the unreliable AFM and fixing the gearbox line pressure issues, things are looking promising. With the upcoming turbo spool improvements the days of laggy launches should be behind us. Near instantaneous boost on the stock converter should be achievable soon, and I for one can't wait. 300+kw and stock like response is the goal we are working towards, and it should really improve the 1/4 times.

Keep you posted. :)

• Like 5

It can, but that would put the stock ecu into limp mode, which would cause a knock on effect of loosing functionality. We needed a setup which retained all stock drivability without throwing any codes, similar to the Fcon, hence keeping the stock ecu in place and happily running the cams and throttle as per OEM, which is working as planned.

We will likely be looking at aftermarket control of the cams and throttle down the track, as this ecu does support it, but it will require a standalone auto controller or manual conversion, which is more than most can afford. Do I think tuning the EVCT from stock will transform the tune? No. I doubt it would be noticeable, at best 5 or so kw in the midrange from my discussions with a few tuners. Perhaps using aftermarket cams it may help more, but the stock gearbox is at it's limits with the current crop of highflow turbo's anyway, even the 350z 6 speed would struggle with the torque I suspect.

The fact that a fixed timing and fuel map can now be used with 2 step launch and flex, hopefully ditching the unreliable AFM and fixing the gearbox line pressure issues, things are looking promising. With the upcoming turbo spool improvements the days of laggy launches should be behind us. Near instantaneous boost on the stock converter should be achievable soon, and I for one can't wait. 300+kw and stock like response is the goal we are working towards, and it should really improve the 1/4 times.

That's great news Scotty; you boys have brought to bear some serious knowledge & experience to get this off the ground.

Well done.

• Like 2

top info Scotty.

I'll try sort the brake cut mod asap and report back with results with the manual. I should have sorted this mod ages ago but i wasn't sure which direction i was going to go in.

Cheers

• Like 1

Ok as promised here is a video clip of my stagea with the link G4+ fury installed.

The car is completely standard other then 3" exhaust.

All ecu work by scotty and myself and dyno tuning performed by Chasers motorworks...

Edited by Intense m35
  • Like 1

Very interested to see the culmination of all the playing and experimenting.

Hope you guys ultimately achieve that goal.

Would certainly make me dream of owning a turbo M35 again...

It's an absolute achievement Scotty to get to this stage and all the hard work that has gone into this

Controlling the line pressure on the auto will be huge as well when it gets sorted

Will be a bloody quick car once all said and done

But the auto will be the weak factor hopefully not picking up pieces off the road

Bring on antilag is all I can say

Very interested to see the culmination of all the playing and experimenting.

Hope you guys ultimately achieve that goal.

Would certainly make me dream of owning a turbo M35 again...

U could always accidentally crash you current one again and get back to an nm35.

Great work Scott....another step forward bro.....best alternative so far.