SAU Community

M35 Ecu Upgrade Options

DaveM35

Great thread guys, 

I'm In Brisbane and have an M35 ARX four with SVI Gas.  The only guy I've found who's willing to have a go at tuning both petrol and Gas is strongly recommending a UniChip.  Has anyone tried one? Any thoughts??

I mentioned that lots of M35 owners use adaptronic as a piggyback that local tuners can use.  He still thought UniChip would do a better job.   After reading about the complexity of the task, am I setting myself up for fail by going down the road of a unichip? 

Any thoughts appreciated.

Great thread guys, 
I'm In Brisbane and have an M35 ARX four with SVI Gas.  The only guy I've found who's willing to have a go at tuning both petrol and Gas is strongly recommending a UniChip.  Has anyone tried one? Any thoughts??
I mentioned that lots of M35 owners use adaptronic as a piggyback that local tuners can use.  He still thought UniChip would do a better job.   After reading about the complexity of the task, am I setting myself up for fail by going down the road of a unichip? 

Hey mate. Im also in brisbane. Good to see more m35s here.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys long time not posted here on SAU, so i have to registered as new member, so any update for ecu solution for vq25det? i have one of ultimate under my hand and i understand that is budget upgrade for the ecu but how good does it works? also any plugin wiring available for ultimate and vq25

No plug-in options for the emanage unfortunately. you would need a universal loom and map sensor for the emanage. 

Scotty does the Link

Jez does the Adaptronic

And I am working on stock ecu rom tunes.

It really depends what you want from the car. 

2 hours ago, m35stagea said:

No plug-in options for the emanage unfortunately. you would need a universal loom and map sensor for the emanage. 

Scotty does the Link

Jez does the Adaptronic

And I am working on stock ecu rom tunes.

It really depends what you want from the car. 

Thanks for reply, Actually car is bone stock for the moment, i know both ecus and even more represented adaptronic in my region, but looking budget option like on stock ecu or even emenage which i can do easily but still looking for some light mods, also i wanted to check the car on dyno but DD we have only rear wheel drive and does stagea supports to have full torque on rear maybe fuse remove or something like this?

more details for stock ecu rom tunes?    

2 hours ago, gurichagtr said:

Thanks for reply, Actually car is bone stock for the moment, i know both ecus and even more represented adaptronic in my region, but looking budget option like on stock ecu or even emenage which i can do easily but still looking for some light mods, also i wanted to check the car on dyno but DD we have only rear wheel drive and does stagea supports to have full torque on rear maybe fuse remove or something like this?

more details for stock ecu rom tunes?    

Pull the front drive shaft

On 4/2/2017 at 5:08 AM, gurichagtr said:

Hard way  Thanks how much normally good condition vq25 shows on dyno ?i mean whp ???

I made 210kw@4wheels

Mods are the usual + hiflow and an Impul ECU

40 minutes ago, West said:

I made 210kw@4wheels

Mods are the usual + hiflow and an Impul ECU

U mean big intercooler, exhaust and intake ? 

few question, in tiptronic between changing the gears hitting few time rpm is ok? and how much should stock boost ? my is about one bar is that normal ?

3 hours ago, gurichagtr said:

U mean big intercooler, exhaust and intake ? 

few question, in tiptronic between changing the gears hitting few time rpm is ok? and how much should stock boost ? my is about one bar is that normal ?

You're changing gears too late. Increase your rev limiter or change gears alot earlier.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/8/2016 at 0:30 AM, LenBo said:

Great thread guys, 

Did you get your M35 tuned on LPG?

My old NM35 was tuned on LPG...was running a LPI sytem though. Went pretty good...except for the fact the installers botched the job and put a hole in the floor. Front passenger footwell got soaked everytime it rained...

• 1 month later...

I took my car to dyno today, car is bone stock no modification at all and showed 187 AWHP is that normal results?

i know this post was maybe asked here for 10K times but still how much is average results with ecu tune, intercooler+exhaust mods?

• 2 years later...

I figured I'd bring this  into 2020, rather than start a fresh one.

I'm about to buy an aftermarket ECU, and leaning towards the Adaptronic M6000. Mainly due to the modular features. I plan to get it up and running as a piggy back then later down the line buy the large expansion module, and have the ECU control my existing LPG system (currently BRC)

Early on in the thread, there's talk of the Adaptronic (previous gen) having a a few limitations with throttle and cam control. I know there's an DBW module you can buy, so assuming that side of this is sorted. Anyone have any idea about cam control with the M6000.

Also does anyone have a base-map for the M6000, or other Adaptronic ECU for the VQ25DET?

After a lot of thought and research I've opted for and ECU Master Black. I decided faffing with the LPG will be more trouble that its worth.

Plus I discovered a 4 wheel rolling road 4 miles from home, and the dudes an ECU master dealer! I had my eye one their piggy back module for another project anyway, so seems logical to stick to one platform. They have a basemap for turbo'd VQ35DE so should be pretty straight forward to get going :)

Probably wont have it fitted for a month or so, but will report back When I do...