SAU Community

Japanese To English Conversion For V36 (Oem Swap)

Zveruga

Chris knows his shit because he has been in the industry for the last 20+ years. He has the expertise and access to parts that very few people have nationwide. He has also spent a lot of time under these cars and when he unequivocally states that it can not be done, it can not be done.

Let's put all that aside for one sec and look at it this way. Everything in our cars comes down to the electronics and essentially the BCM. You f**k that up, the car isn't going any where. Try it at your own risk if you so choose. Whenever something goes wrong with mine, I give Chris a call because at the end of all the ranting, kicking and screaming, he knows his shit.

Wrong answer, You didn't see me mentioning name or where exact location these prices came from, but you just did. Forums are for sharing knowledge, information and now how. If people just want the NAV working you should just supply the work people ask for. If they want it all they can pay for it, if they just want the NAV working you should give them what they want. There are heaps of cars out there and there a heaps more coming. Just the same way you learnt how to do this you should pass it on to who ever wants to learn. There is plenty of cars to go around for everyone to make an earn if they are in the audio electrical retails servicing business. You should know not all will want to take it on, also people will inform where the best place is to go. Sharing is receiving what you know and it comes back to you in double always. Don't get upset on what people say on a forum as this is what forums are for. If you know what you know, pass it on, if you don't people will wonder, why???? It may just not cost what you are charging, HEY? Just the way you found out, others will also. I don't want to make money on this idea..... I want to save money having someone doing it on my own car for me. I'm in a totally different business, so it won't affect you. You should charge to teach people how to do this in other states of the country, we are Aussies, we share knowledge and know how. Imagine if you set up a classroom to teach other audio service centers how to do this, you would make money and be the talk of the nation. WOW these guys are really nice to share, not keeping it to yourself. What goes around comes around. Please understand where we guys come from that own these cars, a lot of the cars are only a little bit more than what you want to charge. Let the client buy the parts and you fit them, you still make money and everyone is happy. I bet you would get more business do this if you share. Sharing is expanding.

Have a great day. ALL REPLIES ARE WELCOME. LETS ALL HAVE A SAY????

Cheers.

Pure Gold!

Send the above to Coke or KFC. Im sure they're not worried about their business model and would much prefer people to just say you're awesome for sharing.

Seriously, its simple. Pay others or put in the hard work and testing and do it yourself. At the end of it all if it works and you're happy to do it for others at the prices you want, then feel free ☺

Wrong answer, You didn't see me mentioning name or where exact location these prices came from, but you just did. Forums are for sharing knowledge, information and now how. If people just want the NAV working you should just supply the work people ask for. If they want it all they can pay for it, if they just want the NAV working you should give them what they want. There are heaps of cars out there and there a heaps more coming. Just the same way you learnt how to do this you should pass it on to who ever wants to learn. There is plenty of cars to go around for everyone to make an earn if they are in the audio electrical retails servicing business. You should know not all will want to take it on, also people will inform where the best place is to go. Sharing is receiving what you know and it comes back to you in double always. Don't get upset on what people say on a forum as this is what forums are for. If you know what you know, pass it on, if you don't people will wonder, why???? It may just not cost what you are charging, HEY? Just the way you found out, others will also. I don't want to make money on this idea..... I want to save money having someone doing it on my own car for me. I'm in a totally different business, so it won't affect you. You should charge to teach people how to do this in other states of the country, we are Aussies, we share knowledge and know how. Imagine if you set up a classroom to teach other audio service centers how to do this, you would make money and be the talk of the nation. WOW these guys are really nice to share, not keeping it to yourself. What goes around comes around. Please understand where we guys come from that own these cars, a lot of the cars are only a little bit more than what you want to charge. Let the client buy the parts and you fit them, you still make money and everyone is happy. I bet you would get more business do this if you share. Sharing is expanding.

Have a great day. ALL REPLIES ARE WELCOME. LETS ALL HAVE A SAY????

Cheers.

WOW!

You just can't argue with that logic....LOL!

I vote for Marvin to be the leader of our new Utopian society where money is not required and everyone does everything for free......

Hi Everyone,

I was only making a comment, yes I know Chris knows all the knowledge from years of experience. But still it would be nice to have it done cheaper. I mention the cost was a rip off, not that they were a rip off. Yes it also would be great to have everything done for free, it can't everyone needs to make the $$$$ for doing what they know best. Sorry to cause a confusion, remember it's a free world to make comments, everyone makes them, some make them before they think. Some comments hurt peoples feelings, but in the end they are only comments. There is a saying (sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will/should never hurt me) The cars are still great, even in Japanese there still great value for money. Have a great day to all. Sorry for writing what I felt. Cheers,

Damn. I leave the country for a month, unable to access these forums from the hotel, possibly due to a banned IP, and I miss out on all this fun?????????

It's good to be back home. Thanks for the laughs. :P

I remember the days when online car forums where for sharing knowledge and heartache we may have gone through ourselves in order to prevent another member from going through the same heartache. (I must be getting old?)

....now, someone point me in the direction of this utopian place :woot:

• 2 weeks later...

I've done a fair bit of sharing of my own here. That sentiment isn't completely dead. Fear not.

To be fair, you can't blame those who actually do it for a living. I'm sure for those who are not doing it as a living, they would be happy to divulge the details.

• 1 month later...

At least 4 people confirmed that they would like to do this OEM swap for $5k or less. I think we'll need 2-3 more cars to bring the conversion cost under $5k

• 1 month later...

Managed to drop the cost of conversion down to circa $2.5k USD (parts only!!!), need somebody from Melbourne with brave heart, not afraid of DIY to help our friends to make the first swap. Ping me if interested.

I'd make my own V36 first but I've just sold it.

Edited by Zveruga

IIRC these problems have been happening since v36 landed here.

Many smart chaps bought random US gear from eBay and tried to replace the units and failed.

Adding more story to the list does not change anything and this story has nothing to do with what we're discussing here.

Hundreds if not thousands cars have been converted in Russia in the past few years, now we will have the same tech but with Australian-specific firmware.