SAU Community

Best Cat Converter To Use?

Thanks mate the test is a IM240 meaning a 240second test he said worst case I'll have to change the cams and injector then should be sweet and a very mild tune he is most worried about raw fuel in the exhaust one drop and I'll fail straight away

Any ideas where I can get a 4 inch euro3?

There are euro 4 cats about now, not as cheap, but you have a much better chance of passing with one of them fitted. You can get them through Super cat, the Magnaflow importer in Melbourne. They also sell the euro 3 metal cats.

As iv said earlier a bf xr6t will have your rb running euro3 standard.

The substrate is about 120mm diameter and 300 long. They work very well. Cost me 100 bucks.

On a side note iv got a xforce 3.5" s/s cat coming. Apparently they are the go

It's only to pass epa so I'm thinking euro3 with 3inch inlets I'll just reduce the 4 inch exhaust before the cat and I'll change it to a venom or whatever after iv done the test I'll just have vbands before the reduces I know it's a stuff around but need to past the test

I would run a stock exhaust for test, with 2 or 3 stock cats, just to make sure it passes first time.

That's what I said to the engineer and he said that it doesn't make a difference he said just get 1 euro4 and I'll be fine aslong as there's no raw fuel

Iv got a 4 inch to 3.5 inch back to 4 at the moment with 2 mufflers and it was 85 dbs the limit is 90 dbs so I can't see the extra .5 inch for half a metre making it 5 dbs louder

Iv got a 4 inch to 3.5 inch back to 4 at the moment with 2 mufflers and it was 85 dbs the limit is 90 dbs so I can't see the extra .5 inch for half a metre making it 5 dbs louder

What mufflers are you running? That's pretty good for such a large system...

I have had issues finding good 4 inch mufflers, there aren't many online. I usually use Magnaflow but they aren't what I would call quiet.

I didn't know Hurricane made mufflers that large, I will have to get in contact with them. I would assume they only do mild steel though?