SAU Community

Sau Vic Club Permit

blah_blah

We are pleased to announce that Skylines Australia Victoria is now an approved Car club to be registered in the Vic Roads Club Permit Scheme.

In order to implement the Club Permit for our members a few ground rules needed to be set to ensure that there is no abuse of the privilege, as any misuse will result in the entire club & its members being stripped of eligibility.

Conditions are as follows:

1. Be a SAU VIC Financial member for at least a year

2. Attence of 4 club events per year. A club event is defined as:
a. Deca
b. MS Championship
c. Show N Shine
d. Any members only events
3. No RWC required. However a club official (exec) will inspect the vehicle for:
a. occupant safety
b. pedestrian safety
c. noise
d. mechanically sound
e. suitability for vehicle to driven on the road
d. approvals will be at the discretion of the official (exec)
From VIC Roads:

Conditions of use
VicRoads may suspend or cancel a permit if the permit holder fails to comply with the permit conditions or engages in conduct which threatens public safety or undermines the integrity of the permit scheme.

• Club Permit vehicles can be used at any time for any purpose other than for the carriage of goods or passengers for hire or reward. Permit holders are not restricted to club sanctioned activities when using their vehicles.
  • The vehicle that is being driven on a valid Club Permit must be maintained in a manner which ensures that the vehicle is in a 'safe condition' for use on a highway.
  • A logbook must be carried in the vehicle, or on the rider (in the case of motorcycles), at all times the vehicle is in use. On each day of use, a logbook entry must be made prior to the vehicle being used (unless the vehicle is within 100 metres of the garaged address).
  • Ensure that the Club Permit number plate(s) and windscreen label as issued by VicRoads are correctly displayed on the vehicle at all times.

Applying for a club permit
To apply for a Club permit you will need to complete a Club Permit Application form together with:

For More information: http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/Registration/PermitsModificationsAndDefects/OtherPermits/ClubPermits.htm

There may be some minor details so I will update this post or thread as we progress with the implementation

Good work Tony on making it happen. I'm sure there will be number of people jumping on the opportunity to make their car club rego'd.

I've one question, about inspection by club executives, what sort of 'qualification' do they require to have before doing inspection of cars? (That question is just to satisfy my curiosity, feel free to PM if you don't want to share the answer publicly).

Good work Tony on making it happen. I'm sure there will be number of people jumping on the opportunity to make their car club rego'd.

I've one question, about inspection by club executives, what sort of 'qualification' do they require to have before doing inspection of cars? (That question is just to satisfy my curiosity, feel free to PM if you don't want to share the answer publicly).

No qualification guidelines have been set by Vicroads that I have been advised of. Its more of a self-assessment system. Make a reasonable assessment by those that are authorised by the club.

I've been waiting for this. I was going to sign up with another club so I could get club reg but now now I don't have to go anywhere.

I take it the 25 year rule still applies?

Also, where will the vehicle assessments be done?

Is there a contact number for the person that will be going over the vehicles so we can find out what will pass and what won't?

will this get us access to historic plates????

historic plates???

these are jsut the standard club plates:

• Number Plates

Club Permit plates have white characters on a maroon background.

When submitting your Club Permit application at any VicRoads Customer Service Centre, in most cases you will receive your number plates on the spot. If you submit your application by mailing it into VicRoads, you will have to wait for the delivery of your number plates.

Custom plates cannot be issued to a vehicle on the Club Permit Scheme.

and from a few messages received.

No this is not a way to get your stripped out heavily modified track only car

or your defected Drift car back on the road.

oh and no compliance plate..we cannot help you.

these cars do have to be Safe and basically close to roadworthy

remember we are going to be sharing the road with them.

And remember you will be even more representing the club whilst using this system.

and EPA is separate to to rego so there no getting around that...

it's more for the person with a nice clean car who does not drive it much and looking for some cheaper rego on it.

In addition for modified vehicles, it isn't that easy you till need a VASS certificate:

Cheers mate. It's a fairly standard car other than the half cage, which I'm fairly sure is still legal so long as the car is registered as a 2 seater.

I'm also pretty sure fixed back buckets are legal so long as they are FIA approved.

Are you able to provide some info on who will be doing the checks and where?