SAU Community

Black4Dr

Black4DR

This is my black four door. It started off life as a gun metal grey 20e auto. when I got a hold of it it was black, manual and 20de. I have since converted it to 20DET and I am in the process of getting it certified.

Mods:

20det

25det turbo

front facing plenum

alloy radiator

front mount intercooler

waste spark.

to do:

adjustibles

drive shaft hoops

5 stud and brakes

cert

boost controller

Only plans for it are to be a street car thats can be taken to the track and be raced, dragged, skidded or drifted.

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0148.jpg

923103_530107027048239_191410499_n.jpg

600746_530107020381573_377088973_n.jpg

I need to fit a longer throttle cable for my plenum, cant find a longer one and no one has cable thick enough for me to make the stock one longer and they are not very helpful haha, they all think its too hard and send me on my way. Wouldnt be the first time making a throttle cable, ah well. just the way it goes.

So what is a good cable to use as an alternative or is there aftermarket ones to suit.

Well took it out for its first drive in ages..... looks like I need a new clutch and it stalls sometimes when I pull up to a stop, a slight miss on decel and a miss just as boost comes on that goes away. Yet to look into it but I think either it has a air leak or the cheap fuel reg is shit house.

Other than that very happy with how it runs and how much more power it has, surprisingly torquey with my monster plenum :yes:

Here is my birthday skid for my 21st a few months back

and how the engine bay looked not so long ago :whistling:

003.JPG

• Like 1

Hey mate, nice ride. Just curious what power you're making with that set up?

Also regarding your car stalling, mine did the same. Had my ics (idle control sensor) pulled apart and cleaned, now she's sweet as :) carbon builds up in them and jams em up

Thanks, I have no idea. It's yet to be dynod and tuned, but it goes like a cut cat. It was as fast as my mates 25DET but his wasn't Running right haha.

Thanks I Will try that, I recently cleaned the boost tee and now its stable as. Was full of black gunk and would hit 15 pound and creep back to 13psi etc. Good now though! Goes to show how much of an impact that black stuff makes.

Edited by Black4DR

• 7 months later...

Well I checked everything off on my list, making some decent power pre tune. Luched two gearboxes and a diff haha

Run a 14.2 @104mph. Would have done better but a lost 5th so had to pull the pin. New box and a tune will see me in the 13's :)

post-113937-14096475457334_thumb.jpg

post-113937-14096475758848_thumb.jpg

post-113937-14096476154663_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...