SAU Community

Wasteland 2014 Edition

On Edge

cruses are a massive thing at the mkment, my FB is full of cruses constantly.

But have you seen the quality of cars on those big cruises? Do you really want to cruise with P-plater 18 years olds in their beat-up EA falcons and 1980's Corollas? I can't imagine anything worse.

Yes small meet-ups are much better, except it is hard to hang out in a carpark as it attracts instant cop attention.

The V35 guys are actually having a small meet-up this Saturday night, but it for VQs only sorry :P

• Like 1

Still remember when SAU SA was firing really well.

There was a real great period of time for imports that I believe has passed in terms of group social events for those that are mature, its up to the numbers if they want to see each other, without that nothing can really be done.

• Like 1

Completely agreed. For the last 2 years of the SAU:SA club we organised about 10 events and had literally only a handful of people turn up to each event. Hence the club disappeared. You are only as strong as your member base.

• Like 2

Nothing wrong with small groups, better than having large groups in most cases, less chance of drawing unnecessary attention,just my opinion.

The larger a cruise the more attention it will attract, which attracts more dickheads and so on and so forth...

For the love of good some kient organise something hahahaha :P

• Like 1

ahh the good ole days :yes:

Unfortunately, another reason for the big move from here is that many Skyline owners are now driving something different....but agree, FB is probs the biggest reason

• Like 1

possibly time to start a new sau:sa fb page and post link in here so active members jump on in, or stop being flogs and get the forums being useful again...

either way, count me on board y'all...

So we seem to actually have a few people posting in here recently, lets make the most of it and have a small catch up!

Got the mother-in-law over from UK for another week but after that I have a month before the father-in-law arrives, so can spare a couple hours some time.

What suits best? Sat / Sun/ weekday, Time?

I prefer earlyish so not out too late, getting old! haha!!

• Like 1