SAU Community

2014 Sau-Vic Motorsport Championship

emts

Exactly.

I was told this last year as there was a "slicks class" thread so I came to a couple and I know Paul did too but still nothing happened.

So we went to Maserati and PIARC days instead.

But I'm asking again. I mean the Racepace R33 GT-R is now on slicks and they are a club motorsport sponsor but there is still no facility for cars with slicks to run in our motorsport championship.

SO if you look in the championship for last year there was an open class, but was only listed on the rounds themselves

However people only turned up a couple of times so was not worth doing a trophy/putting on the front page.

if we get 2-3 people at a few rounds I'm sure we can turn it into a proper class and arrange trophies

I'm sure no-one want a trophy for turning up to one event....and being sole person in the class

winner-by-default-Men-Burgundy.png

However people only turned up a couple of times so was not worth doing a trophy/putting on the front page.

Surely it doesn't matter how many cars? Class D - Std 2WD was just Ben and myself with 4 other cars doing a single round. I'd have thought a fair proportion of the member base would have cars fitting into that category.

That said, one thing I like about doing the Maserati and other days is the variety of fast cars. Having some open class cars gives spectators something to come watch. f**k knows they're not coming to watch a prius ;)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

International and National events from the 1st of July, for track, tarmac and off road events, and then from 1st January 2015 this also applies to all state level events, but not club level at this stage.

Look like I'm not going to be able to do my DT till later in the year, the rims I bought ended up being the wrong offset (would have been handy if the skyline owner I bought them from told me this!) and I have had to use spacers so no go on track for me :( But am working on my BMW with RB conversion with hope to have it up and running by the end of the year (even if it just putts along! :P ). But if there is anything along the lines of helping out for any of the track days please give me a yell. :)

SO back on the topic of open class.

there is now an official Class E Open class so enter and make the most of it.

Whats more we have Created a new Competition to make it a bit more fun.

a classless all out fastest driver challange.

this is a challange to be spread across the big three

Sandown

Phillip Island

Winton

we will take you fastest lap for each of the tracks for the year (MS championship rounds only)

add them together

prizes for

Lowest time

2nd lowest time

3rd lowest time

only those that do all three tracks are eligible

so no matter what car you run go for it.

Richo has a nice pic of the trophies that will be posted up shortly