SAU Community

Anti Hoon Laws

CC

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

she is being given a hard time by media at the moment so i guess this is her way of looking liek she's actually doing something :P

r well, at least the cops have to witness the act.

man think of all the false/revenge accusations there would be if the first version got through where joe public could call up and say i saw this car etc doin burnouts/racing.

"Relying on police to witness an offence rather than allowing evidence from other witnesses weakens the ability to stamp out the actions of these hoons," the Minister said.

Relying on police , Fantastic , how about relying on police video recordings that actually show the event, and not some road nazi 22 yo who is fresh out of boot camp and eager to claim anyone who gives some lip that they were doing over 45KM over the limit,

"for a third offence, the vehicle is forfeited and the driver's licence could be cancelled; and"

they can pry my car keys from my cold dead fingers, Id like to see that law actually work, does it not contradict every type of contract law and ownership law in the country? , id like to see them try

"Our Government is committed to making our communities safe and secure. Removing hoon drivers from the streets will save lives and give roads back to legitimate users."

This statement should read , " This government is incompetent just like the last one , We cant even keep 6 dangerous maximum security prisoners from running free from a 'secure complex' , So therefore to show we are a strong government we will try to introduce a law that attempts to seize lawful legally obtained vehicles that drivers occasionally on a moments of stupidity might put the foot down, or give lip to a cop , "

RESIGN MINISTER YOU ARE INCOMPETENT JUST LIKE THE REST OF THE LABOR PARTY"

how about outlawing all liquour aswell, im sure that is more of a killer on the roads and more of a danger., OR how about trying to keep prisoners in jail? might be more of a safety threat to the community

I was with ya up until you slagged off the entire labor party.

haha, thats cool

the labor party , well lets not get into a political debate here , but i have lost major respect for them

*just a point of note, it has been every state labor party that has introduced these types of laws

Comment made - wonder if I'll get a reply..

Sad, Draconian and Impotent are words that could be used to describe the people behind these laws. How about looking towards education and more outlets for these so called "hoons". Rather than trying to crush them, maybe accept the fact that large groups of people enjoy motoring and try to cater for it in other ways such as helping out the motorsport industry.

Yet another 'crackdown' on a problem rather than trying to solve it. Small minds breed small solutions to problems. Again, in a word - Sad.

for a third offence, the vehicle is forfeited and the driver's licence could be cancelled; and"

they can pry my car keys from my cold dead fingers, Id like to see that law actually work, does it not contradict every type of contract law and ownership law in the country? , id like to see them try  

Yes, unfortunately, this can/will be done. Just you watch. There are other by-laws relating to seizing property that were also briefed to be changed (yes, even when technically owned by a finance company) that basically says "What's yours can be ours simply by us 'Saying so'"

Sucks huh?

I'm with Dsturbd, don't drive like a f*cktard and you won't have a problem. BUT, that said the term "hooning" is always open to interpretation, and what a cop says is generally the law (just ask them!)

I'm thinkin they must provide solid evidence (ie video footage) if it were to go as far as to try and sieze someone's property though.

I know they can pry my car keys from my cold dead hands too!

no, now the law has been passed and is being enforced

me thinks more little street racer / hoon are going to try outrun piggy piggy instead of stop and lose car

One more thing: Thank GOD you actually have to have police witness the event. I've had the police around my house TWICE accusing me of doing burnouts, and driving wrecklessly and abusing other drivers in the area. When in fact, it wasn't me at all, but someone ELSE driving a white skyline in the area.....

.... *Looks at MiloGTS25t*