SAU Community

Stag Dead In The Driveway

cad

Hi guys Im in need of some advise please.Went to start the stagea and the battery was flat so I charged it up and when I went to start it again it idled rough and there was no accelerator.Can some one give me an idea of what to do next as I have check the fuel filter on the pump and its clean.

Thanks

Brett

Your right Scotty , I checked the sock but I don't have a check engine light on.I ran a manual MIL check and ended up with 10 slow flashes followed by 3 sets of quick 10 flashes.The car does start but idles good for 3 seconds than idles roughly for a little while than stops.The throttle butterfly is operating.What does AFM stand for and where is it.

Thanks

Bertt

I unplugged the AFM and the car now revs but a little rough so I am about to order a new Bosch one for $80 dollars but why wasn't the engine light on,

I unplugged the AFM and the car now revs but a little rough so I am about to order a new Bosch one for $80 dollars but why wasn't the engine light on,

Scotty can supply you an AFM at a better price then that. Pm him.

Because the AFM was still outputting a signal, and the ecu though it was fine. They don't all blow in the same way, some fail and you need to unplug them to drive, others you can drive home without unplugging. Most throw the MIL though.

Contact me if you have any dramas, the replacement Nissan AFM's are crap and don't last long. Hopefully the one you got is from somewhere else.

Scotty I tried to PM you but the message is blocked.It looks like my supplier for the AFM cant supply for 3 weeks because of Chinese new year so I was wondering if you can supply me with a AFM.