SAU Community

Gtst - The Never Ending Build

• 3 weeks later...

Finish off these clear lenses and get the e85 fuel system and tuned, but i saw a larger hks exhaust housing so tossing up putting that on for the new tune, perhaps not...

Then get either half cage or harness bar so i can finally fit the takata harness i have and also a passenger rail so i can fit the other sparco fixed back i have

what makes you think the stock radiator will give in?

what like, not be enough to handle the heat or just get old and not work properly no more?

Yeah I think the heat gets too much, there really thin and old, mine gave up after a few dyno runs of 320kw.. just got it home, turnt it off and she opened up.

• 2 months later...

Havnt coated the parts yet but i did finish the clear indicator lenses so i now all clear glass lenses on the front bar...

• 2 weeks later...

what makes you think the stock radiator will give in?

what like, not be enough to handle the heat or just get old and not work properly no more?

I had my radiator crack at SMSP last month. Really wasn't expecting it to go considering I'm making <200rwkw but it was a hot day..

Yep and mine blew the top tank off it a few months prior to Matts letting go, considering the cost of an engine rebuild i would be doing it ;)

Oh and its also more bling lol

Well ill wait till i can see the budget for a decent koyo rad...

Yep i need to post pics of the indicator lenses installed, they look cool and have wanted to do it for so long..

Well ill wait till i can see the budget for a decent koyo rad...

Yep i need to post pics of the indicator lenses installed, they look cool and have wanted to do it for so long..

Do your research on Radiators... I had a choice of Koyo vs PWR vs Racepace and had to learn quite a bit while choosing... Bigger isn't always best ;)

(Thats not what she said :ph34r: )

• 1 month later...

So im thinking i will have to roll the front guards and maybe a pump if possible to fit 17x9 with 265 rubber, if anyone knows someone to do it on the central coast that would be helpful...

Another track day coming up too, so need to replace clutch and general stuff like oil & filter change, bleed brakes and bleed brakes.

Hope to have temp sensors installed in plenum, turbo exhaust housing to see changes in air temp before and after ceramic coating to all intercooler piping and plenum... If i can get the time to dismantle and and reassemble... Fingers crossed!