SAU Community

Will Let It Go....

Tangles

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/380883-sa-1997-nissan-stagea-rs4/

Just putting it up here.

Probably is time I move on and let this go to someone who can go on with the next stages of modifications.

If I was the buyer, Id

- eventually look at the mirror rust

- get a new front bumper bar as the bottom has been cut out, maybe even a new kit such as Nismo (see monkeywarehouse.com), and tidy up the paint a little

- have a high boost dynotune done by Boostworx as-is and see anywhere from 265-280rwkw with the front driveshaft removed

- look at buying a Nistune type6 board, install with larger injectors again to say 555cc (up from 450cc currently), and tune to the maximum of the turbo capabilities and see 300rwkw at ~20-22psi. Sell off the Toshi ecu chip and the AEM F/ic-8 piggyback ecu to pay for the Nistune.

Car runs great as is. Dumps fuel in the high rpm range due to its current state of tune (sort of a run-in tune still after the bottom end build). Cold start can be *slightly sluggish for a minute at the 2000rpm mark. These issues would be addressed with a new dynotune. Does 370km to the low tank warning light, down from 420km when it was near stock with 110kw. Was 255rwkw prior to engine build, now at 235rwkw on run-in tune with low boost.

I cant afford to do anything else to this car, including the tuneup. Full time medical radiation student, not working, means I cant do what should be done to this beast and would like to see it go to a good home while I replace with a similar km car to get me through my final years of study and a few years of working as a radiographer.

Genuine reason for sale - if it got defected Id be f**ked as I couldnt afford to take a couple things back to standard. Its mainly the cut bottom front bar that shows off the intercooler that makes it stand out a little. Having said that, Ive never been pulled over besides 2 standard RBT stations and its all in my head. Never had any issues with the authorities.

Owned for ~8yrs now, was the 4th or 5th Stagea registered in SA. Long term SAU'er and can be trusted - I dont lie!! :) Price is a firm "SAU special". Its a giveaway in all honesty. Comes with boxes of spares and parts. No lower offers will be considered, so dont ask.

Sorry to the mods and the general stagea community for putting it up here.

• 4 weeks later...

Just did a basic health check on the dyno today, 247kw @ 14psi.

Didn't turn up the boost, just making sure all is good prior to selling the stag.

Time to advertise it & move on.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

New owner took it away not long ago.

Q: If anyone knows of a decent S1 Front Bumper, send me a PM and I'll forward it to the new owner

Sad to sell it, but mentally I was done with the anxiety I get now and then from driving it and worrying whether or not Id be pulled over. Silly, but just how its been for a while.

Happy that its gone to someone so keen to own it, to fix it up a little (rust under mirrors is getting bad!), and maybe take it further with a full ecu.

Now I guess Im probably going to purchase a BF Futura that Im looking at on thursday. (Dont hate on me!!)

So, there goes a long-term Stagea owner :( Dont think there are many of you who have owned one longer; mine was the around the 5th rego'd in SA, now there is one at every corner.

Its been fun.

• Like 1

BF Futura I picked up for 5g (126thou kms - Insured for $7500) just can not compare.

Shocking build quality, feels like a barge, and minimal throttle on a turn sees the rears want to come out.

Flip side is the engine is sound, autobox is very smooth, suspension is plush enough so that it gives a very smooth and comfy ride on metro roads, and exhaust is so quite its deafening! (my G/f WILL be pleased with that last point, although I'll be tempted one day to get a cheap $300 x-force catback system and mod the cai - lol).

Car is extremely clean underneath for a private sale..... been maintained, so Im ok with it all. Not happy, but comfortable with the decision to move on from the stagea.