SAU Community

Wtb: Stock M35 Dump Pipe

DaveM35

Well Josh, it sounds stupid and it probably is but here's the deal:

I'm looking for a stock dump so i can try smash out the cat convertor and swap it with my stock dump. Not because i wanna be hectic sick and go hard and loud, but actually because i need to install a wideband o2 sensor before the first cat. I can't put it in stock o2 location because it's too close to the turbo and will get damaged from the heat. Needs to be further downstream.

At this point you might be saying "so fit a Scotty dump pipe and plumb in your sensor just behind that...car will go hectic sick fast & loud and you have o2 sorted"

You'd be 100% correct. This is where it gets stupid, I'm about to install + tune an Fcon V pro on the stock setup. I've got a 3071r that will be going on once i finish buying all the other supporting mods i'll need to make it all happen (more than likely this will take aaaages) So that'll have a custom dump once it goes on and as it's V-band rear, there'd be no use for a factory style dump pipe.

So basically to save some cash for now and get car running on the f-con, i need a cat-less stock dump to make it possible.

Pretty stupid? Maybe...

Even possible? Not sure...but if i can get a spare pipe i'll have a crack

Thats my amazing story, thanks for reading :)

I can't put it in stock o2 location because it's too close to the turbo and will get damaged from the heat. Needs to be further downstream.

You can run it in the factory location if you put a screw in o2 cooler under it. There should be enough room...

You would need to select the narrowband output and plug it back into the factory loom, otherwise closed loop economy will be all over the place.

Yeah thanks Scotty,

I wanted to keep the factory o2 there anyway to avoid those issues, I'd feel better just having it at the start of the midpipe.

You mentioned maybe selling your setup to me before but I thought you were waiting till the Evo was back on the road?

Have you fitted the new turbo and built a new setup to suit it already?

Ah I see...we'll I'm pretty strapped for cash at the moment but can you pm me a list of what you'd sell and how much?

The only prob I'd have using your old stuff is that the rear housings are different, so the wastegate section and flange part won't work. I haven't gotten deep enough into the job yet to see if I can force the t3 rear in there somehow, and if that'll mean all pipe work will be slightly different to your setup.