SAU Community

Anfanee - R32 Gtr

Didn't have time to do the whole lot so just did the brake lights, will do the rest this weekend. Words cannot describe how much brighter the brake lights are! can't wait to do the rest

attachicon.gifIMG_20140226_184041.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140226_184018.jpg

nice idea

did u go the red or white bulbs from ebay? will the red brake light cover be fine to filter the white? also three per side, is the middle one different to the sides?

Night pic, also did the number plate light as well.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140226_213709.jpg

Anf the LED's look blue in color or is that just the way the photo is reflecting?

I just have put the LED's in mine but are all white and the reflection is well.................white :blink:

Did you also put LED's in the reverse lights?

More parts arrived today:

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL!

post-92069-0-38200600-1396262700.jpg

Nice one ;) Nismo floor mats make the interior look sooooooooooooo much better

Glad you got those rear speaker covers sorted

I WILL MAKE SURE I TELL YOU WHEN I LOCATE MY MISSING ONE

Anf the LED's look blue in color or is that just the way the photo is reflecting?

I just have put the LED's in mine but are all white and the reflection is well.................white :blink:

Did you also put LED's in the reverse lights?

Yeah it is white but they are way too bright. Ill replace the number plate lights when i get the car back with different ones. (Ants can you PM/link me the ones you got?)

Yes i put white LED in the reverse lights as well =) the whole car has LED's now. Need to put a blinker resistor in though it blinks a little happy at the moment.

Also no doubt you will find the speaker cover that you are missing in the next week just to rub it in.

Just got off the phone with Adrian (mechanic) and he is getting my brakes painted the same as my engine, so the caliper will be Bayside blue and the "Nissan" logo will be grey. Will post pics when it's back. Though i think it will be a while, gives me more time to save and spend more i guess!

Not a problem mate.

I will pm you the LED's I got.

Lol at speaker cover. Probably will rock up somewhere. But on a serious note, I'm sorry I could not help you there, although one is better than none.

Sweet, Calipers should look nice.

Or you could just buy these ;)

Brembo_Silver_on_WRBlue_Calipers_zps9b45

Its a heavy ass car and I've said it before and will say it again.

Skyline GTR's are severely under-braked from factory and I have even read somewhere that Nissan engineers admit to this being an issue.

Bigger brakes are a must for cars like these especially once power output has been increased.

You cannot go wrong by putting on a bigger brake package on them, unless its cheap ass crap from the land of nope!

Its a heavy ass car and I've said it before and will say it again.

Skyline GTR's are severely under-braked from factory and I have even read somewhere that Nissan engineers admit to this being an issue.

Bigger brakes are a must for cars like these especially once power output has been increased.

You cannot go wrong by putting on a bigger brake package on them, unless its cheap ass crap from the land of nope!

Yes, they are heavyish cars - R32 GTR what - 1480KG?

Agreed, with everything you've said. But put it into context here - is a road R32 GTR under braked for typical street use?

I went from my Brembo setup (almost identical in size to the standard R32 GTR) to 8 Pot D2 Calipers with 356mm. Only diff is how well they hold up to *repeated* hard braking under track use.

If someone's frying standard brakes on public roads then it's only about time till something terrible is about to happen.

Yes, they are heavyish cars - R32 GTR what - 1480KG?

Agreed, with everything you've said. But put it into context here - is a road R32 GTR under braked for typical street use?

I went from my Brembo setup (almost identical in size to the standard R32 GTR) to 8 Pot D2 Calipers with 356mm. Only diff is how well they hold up to *repeated* hard braking under track use.

If someone's frying standard brakes on public roads then it's only about time till something terrible is about to happen.

Yeah, I don't have anything against the standard brake calipers.

The problem is the standard rotors (surface area) is just too damn small for slowing a 1.5 -1.7 tonne car.

You can get away by upgrading to bigger rotors (new dog bones would have to be made) and will work fine.

Entirely up to the individual as to what they want to do and also depending upon the car been used on track (if track the choice is simple - big front upgrade kit at least)

I know whenever I step on the my brakes (AP Racing 6 pot calipers with only 343mm front rotors) I can certainly feel that they are far better than the standard calipers ever were even normal driving.

I don't drive my card hard enough to warrant the brakes. I'm never under heavy breaking like that, ever. New Rotors, good pads and good fluid will be fine for what i use my car for. Eventually i will get new brakes, but that can wait for now.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't have anything against the standard brake calipers.

The problem is the standard rotors (surface area) is just too damn small for slowing a 1.5 -1.7 tonne car.

You can get away by upgrading to bigger rotors (new dog bones would have to be made) and will work fine.

Entirely up to the individual as to what they want to do and also depending upon the car been used on track (if track the choice is simple - big front upgrade kit)

I know whenever I step on the my brakes (AP Racing 6 pot calipers with only 343mm front rotors) I can certainly feel that they are far better than the standard calipers ever were even normal driving.

Yeah, I do enjoy the increased pedal modulation/control of the bigger setup. Feels awesome, but like I said before - if someone's pushing them that hard on the road then well.....

I'm going to use the D2's for a couple of years and if I'm still doing track days then i'll move to the AP's. AP's are a very nice setup and Racepace do a pretty good kit for a decent price.

btw Moving to 32Vspec/33/34GTR Brembos from the standard GTR 4 Sumitomo isn't the best value upgrade. Pad size is hardly any larger if you've ever seen the two side by side.

Also I think I saw someone selling a whole parcel shelf in the FS section during the week. Trying to find the link....

The only part i'm on the hunt for at the moment is the center console with cup holders (thats because they are a bitch to find, there was one on import monster last week but this pay i have nothing). The rest can wait till i get the car back. I'd say it will be a month at least till i get it back though.

Actually on that topic of having no moneys and spotting the center console. 8 months ago i found speaker covers but it was 1 week before payday, by the time i had the moneys they were gone. Nek Minute it took me 8 months to find another pair in good condition.

I can see the same thing happening with the center console. We will find out.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

ooookkkaayyy. Updates to start again. Got it back after having a few goodies....She needs a good clean.

New PMU Rotors and Pads

Nismo floor mats (minor but ive had them for 4 months and could finally install).

New catchcan lines and new bracket for the catchcan.

new radiator (ready for A/C).

Plus a whole heap of minor things tidied up under the car.

post-92069-0-22282500-1406333955_thumb.png
post-92069-0-07249300-1406357013_thumb.jpg
post-92069-0-78845600-1406357031_thumb.jpg
post-92069-0-64342700-1406357044_thumb.jpg

Now i can finally start hacking into the parts i have in the Garage. Let the fun commence.......

Edited by Anfanee
  • Like 1

Pulled off the pedals and cleaned them with Jif last night. Much cleaner and was super easy. Whilst doing it i also scrubbed the "active speaker" writing on the speaker covers, they came up nice and silver again! I have also started to pull most of the bolts off from around the engine bay and swapping them for new ones. Will post pics when i have done a few more but it's amazing how much the little things make a difference.

More to come.