SAU Community

Anfanee - R32 Gtr

3 hours ago, Anfanee said:

Oh also...

I am the 1st person in history that after not having HICAS for years, loves the feel of it now that i have it. Legit cannot understand why people lock it out, i can understand removing it for the weight, but the car has so much more direction above 80km/h. 

Because it's great when you're driving 7/10 but at the limits (on the track) it's unpredictable and makes the rear end too floaty.
In short great for the street/casual driving.

This ^^

Durign a 7/10ths hill run, I have no issue with it, but it was squirrely as hell when turning into the big left hander at Winton at 150+ Rear end didn't know what it wanted to do. 

In the end I had to just tip it with trail braking in and let the car settle itself before making the change of direction mid corner. 

I should add, I have no major issue with it as it only bothers when driving hard and that's not the norm. 

Track car has no HICAS so happy days. 

Edited by ActionDan
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Picked the car up from the mechanics after a tidy up and a re tune. For now i have dropped E85 back to 98 whilst i wait to re do the fuel system (again), as i don't like the setup i currently have. I want to go a Frenchys Performance in tank kit and really tidy the boot up. Where i live E85 is now more difficult to get as well, so 98 for the next little bit. 

Also went a little more conservative with the tune, dropping the boost a bit. Big thanks to PSracing here in Canberra for the mechanical work, and JEM for the tune. Both Petros (PSRacing) and Adam (JEM) have done an amazing job. 

tune.png

• 2 weeks later...

So currently going through replacing the front window trims, managed to get the bottom outside ones brand new relatively cheap... but my god the top ones are eye watering. Might attempt a DIY/find a good set of second hand ones before even considering buying new. 

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't realise when i ordered them that they come with the felt runners on them. So that actually saved me a heap of f**king around as mine were completely buggered. Now to get the scratches removed from the drivers window!

This weekend ill be attempting to restore the passenger side top weather strip. Hopefully it works, otherwise i'll buy brand new for myself as a christmas present! I have a new contact that can get OEM parts very cheap, which is a nice help! 

• Like 1

And 1 side is done. Overall pretty happy. Could have spent more time on it, but I discovered that the rubber had actually sagged, would require bog and a heap of sanding to fix. So I'll just wait until they are make again next year.... Hopefully anyway lol.

The drivers one is heaps worse, so let's see how I go on that side.

IMG_20170902_0852374.jpg
IMG_20170902_0852418.jpg
IMG_20170902_0915298.jpg
IMG_20170902_0915384.jpg
IMG_20170902_2001212.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So the turbos are going to have to come off again briefly.... 

Dump pipes and front pipes whilst im there? Me thinks. 

Will probably go HPI dumps, jut not sure on the front pipes. Undecided if i go all out Jap stuff @Piggaz hate begins, specifically a TI setup..... OR i go custom made here in Canberra. Though we have no one able to work with TI (to my knowledge, i have called the best shops here) in Canberra, so it would have to be stainless.

The biggest issue i have at the moment is my love for titanium, but i'm also an old man and can't stand loud/droney cars. So that puts exhausts like the Tomei off my list. Leaning towards a fuji Super TI at the moment, as i really can't justify another $2,000 to go a mines exhaust. Eh i dunno. 

Mine is HPI dumps and matching front pipe into custom 3.5" from my fabricator. Not loud or droney at all and flows well enough it seems. 

Send your car to him, I'll make sure he looks after it and even test drive it for you ;)

I just used an Apexi N1 Evolution Rear muffler and a nice big Magnaflow mid-muffler. 

received_238058329863678.jpeg

11 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Mine is HPI dumps and matching front pipe into custom 3.5" from my fabricator. Not loud or droney at all and flows well enough it seems. 

Send your car to him, I'll make sure he looks after it and even test drive it for you ;)

I just used an Apexi N1 Evolution Rear muffler and a nice big Magnaflow mid-muffler. 

received_238058329863678.jpeg

Haha how kind of him! 

TBH i quite like the note of my current exhaust, realistically there is no reason to change it at this point. 

I currently have Stock dumps (lol)> Custom front pipes> HKS Super Dragger

Realistically i could Just replace the dumps and be done with it until funds permit a full Ti system....