SAU Community

Rb26 Temp And Pressure Warning / Danger Levels?

YO880

Hi Guys,

I am having some custom gauges made up to suit an R33 RB26DETT engine, I want to get Yellow and Red permanent warning marks put on the gauges to match the style of the existing gauges.

I am not quite sure where i would find this information, so putting it out there for the common consensus!

What would be consistent Warning and Danger levels for the following sensors:

Water Temperature (degrees Celsius)

Oil Temperature (degrees Celsius)

Oil Pressure (PSI)

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback

Nobody ? :)

from general research i can't find any definitive answers, do the following sound safe?

Water Temp - 90'

Oil Temp - 115' or 130'?

Oil pressure - this one seems hard to find, low pressure warning should be around 20PSI?

anything 110 or over for water is bad, obviously closer to the thermostat opening temp is best ( usually around 80-90)
Oil temp, i would be worried when it gets around ~150
Pressure im not sure of

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't want to start a new thread. So I picked up one of the old school greddy electronic oil pressure gauges, it has a warning setting but I've got a feeling it's going to be for excessive oil pressure rather than low oil pressure. Meaning that if I set the warning for 1-2 bar it's going to have the light on whenever it's over that.

Anyone know?

Yeah you would think so, it's just that I already have the boost and temp gauges from ten years ago and the way u set them is to move the needle to where u want the warning light to come on and if the guage reads over that, on comes the warning light.

However if I set the gauge at say 1-2 bar( it reads to about 10 bar) then anything over 1-2 bar will see the light come on, which is the opposite to what I obviously want. I may just have to install it and see