SAU Community

Gtr R33 Vspec Stuttering

shivreet

Hi Guys,

​Forgive me my netiquettes if I am have made a mistake in posting this query here but I am out of my depths here.

Car: GTR R33 VSpec

Year 1995

I am facing this intermittent (some times more frequent then other times) where my skyline stutters specially when I am trying to rev it. It does not matter if its a cold start or a running car. Also does not matter if its high revs or low revs. I have even had it happen to me when I start the car and left it to idle. It seems to be happening more often now.

Me being a newbie took it to the mechanics and they thought it was the spark plugs. Got them changed , same evening ran fine for a while and then started happening again. From my other readings, there could be a few culprits here. I would appreciate any advice and also if some of them could be ruled out by me[not a qualified or even unqualified mechanic, I mean visual inspection]

Also if someone could be indicative of what it costs to replace each of these. I am working on a budget here.

1. MAS Sensor : Price? Is it a possibility

2. Coil Pack : Price? [not spitfires please] Is it a possibility

3. Anything related to the Turbo : Possible? seems to happen on low revs as well....??

4. Spark plugs : Even though changed...did not go for top of the lines?

Also I do not want to take it to a mechanic only to spend a few hundred bucks to come back home to the same issue. Please help.

Regards