SAU Community

Show Us Your Non-Gtr/non-Skyline Weapon

GTR-N1

Yeah, it's a Walkinshaw Bonnet vent that ACTUALLY works haha there's a few VE's out there that stick it on but don't do anything in regards to actually making the vent work :unsure:

http://www.hp-f.com.au/walkinshaw/exterior/wp-power-scoop/

I see!

So do they modify your existing bonnet and mold the vents or replace the whole bonnet with the vent on it?

I see!

So do they modify your existing bonnet and mold the vents or replace the whole bonnet with the vent on it?

Nah, the existing bonnet is modified to suit the vents and then the vents are mounted onto the bonnet.

I have considered getting the actual vent fibreglass and blended into the original bonnet, but was worried about:

1: cracking due to different expansion rates between the bonnet and fibreglass/bog

and

2: rain/water not having an escape route other than directly into the engine bay

Nah, the existing bonnet is modified to suit the vents and then the vents are mounted onto the bonnet.

I have considered getting the actual vent fibreglass and blended into the original bonnet, but was worried about:

1: cracking due to different expansion rates between the bonnet and fibreglass/bog

and

2: rain/water not having an escape route other than directly into the engine bay

I see, thanks!

Yeah true that but it looks fine as it is, so good you left it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...