SAU Community

R33 Gtst Series 1 Idle/running Rough

TomsR33gtst

Hey Guys

I have a R33 GTS25T series 1 Auto

when I turn it on it is idling like it is running on 5 cylinders, there is a strong smell of fuel

on 2 occasions it has stalled, i took the car for a run thinking it was a injector but the car was very unresponsive, at first the car wouldn't get over 40KMPH and i had my foot nearly flat, i took it out of drive and into 1st and floored it i pushed it into second and didn't go into second until I got over 6000RPM then it jumped into second.

once I got the car to around 80 it was going fine. then I slowed down to take a corner and it started running sluggish and strong smell of fuel again. until I got over 40

please people I need help :/

Have you tried anything? Checked the plus arent fouled? Check you are running on all cylinders? Check all injectors are firing? Whats the condition of the fuel (old/poor quality)?

• Yeah mate plugs are fine.
  • i am running on all 6 just sounds like its not.
  • injectors I'm not 100% sure about
  • fuel is BP 98 the usual I run it on

I'm wondering if it could be the Air flow meter does that sound like something the AFM would do? :/

It could be the AFM. If you can get a hold of one to borrow and try out I would do that

If the plugs are fine, the fuel is good and the injectors are firing right (and arent dribbling fuel etc) then it could be AFM

it could also be a boost/vac leak. Do you have an atmo bov?

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here. All cylinders are firing but sounds like its running 5. Have a fuel pressure gauge and far as I guess, they're not leaking down once the car is off since it holds pressure for hours. Compression is solid. I haven't done a leak down test yet but I'm leaning towards a bad igniter or AFM. Let me know if swapping the AFM works. Going to change the fuel filter too.