SAU Community

Pfc Map Sharing

I searched and didnt see any related threads..

The datalogit group is limited..

Is anyone sharing maps around here?

Im looking for a ~367kw map for a r33 gtst as I assume my setup will make around that much power once I finish breaking in the new clutch and can start playing with WOT tuning.. Im currently limping around on the base map -_- I also have a dyno tuner, but the only shops that are familiar with RBs are 540km away.. It would be extremely helpful..

Thanks

There is no point in sharing anything other than a base/startup map really. All engines vary so widely with their fueling requirements from one to the next. Subtle differences in cam timing and turbo configurations can me that what is perfect for one engine will also be massively rich and lean when loaded into another engine of similar power levels. There are just too many variables.

Good point..

The only thing Im still confused about and researching is how to calculate a good starting point for WOT fuel corrections. Obviously I cant go WOT on the base map, log, review and make corrections. I would have to make corrections first, then log the results and trim fuel off to bring it leaner and leaner til its safe and efficient. Im just not sure how much to add before I begin.

That's something that comes with experience. You turn off the boost controller and watch your AFR meter closely and get off the throttle if you see it go lean past 12.5 or rich past 10.5. Once you profile a low boost fuel curve you can extrapolate the curve in top end from there.

The base maps for PFC's L jetros are very close, so you can start with a low boost setting and tune from a data logger just fine. Just watch your AFR's and knock very closely and be read to get off the throttle when you see it going the wrong way.

There is no point in sharing anything other than a base/startup map really. All engines vary so widely with their fueling requirements from one to the next. Subtle differences in cam timing and turbo configurations can me that what is perfect for one engine will also be massively rich and lean when loaded into another engine of similar power levels. There are just too many variables.

Yep, no point really at all. Especially with built motors, different flow rates, compression... The works.

Awesome, thats very helpful.. Ive been reading a lot and am ready to take on the task. I suppose what I was getting at was having a map that I know at worst case scenario will run pig rich instead of something I know will knock and go dangerously lean.. Then fine tuning from there..

Im certainly not opposed to doing everything from scratch, just have to build up the confidence to actually go for it..

Im going to study some more and then just go for it. Everyone has to learn someday right?

Start by checking your ignition timing with a timing light at the crank, once you know that's correct and you are happy with injector sizing and fuel pressure etc(if this gear is standard you won't need to touch these.) To start tuning your fuel map I would pull 5 to 10 degrees of timing out of the fuel map, somewhere so you have less than 10 degrees timing in boost. Have a wide band to check your afr. Tune to suit. Then gradually put your timing back in.

Thanks for the advice.. I will do just that.. Its hard to start with a clean slate if the slate is not so clean right?

Timing will certainly be an area of interest as well, given the base maps timing is too advanced for our **** 93ron US pump gas.. Some day, Ill tune for e85, but for now, I have to stick with pump..