SAU Community

Quaife Rear Diff

Anteater - Once you go round a corner and you have jumped on it earlier than you ever have and you have somehow popped out the other side without putting it into a pole, you'll laugh then kick yourself for not doing it years ago.... Let alone the rear :D

Anteater - Once you go round a corner and you have jumped on it earlier than you ever have and you have somehow popped out the other side without putting it into a pole, you'll laugh then kick yourself for not doing it years ago.... Let alone the rear :D
Sweet I'm keen. I'm hoping to go out on track to see how this silly car handles with standard diff then go back with quaife to really feel the diff (pun intended).........if I don't wrap the car around a pole first :D

• 3 weeks later...

Heya guys,

Anyone looked into jamming an R34 GTR helical centre into a 32GTR housing?

I'll be throwing some 4.4s in soon and wondering if I should move from the Nismo 2way (that has me a little unsettled into corners) to a helical.

Only problem with helical is lifting a wheel and having no drive, but if I upgrade I might just have to stop using inside ripple strips to powerslide the car into line ;)

Mark :)

Palm side imports in nz is where I got mine from

Rip off.

quoted from my email

$1940 nzd including freight, can charge card if required, in stock

Thanks

Deane Buist

www.palmside.co.nz

NZ 03 3389151

Free Ph - Australia 1800 760198

Palmside have it stitched here in Australia. It's absurd Quaife don't have an official distributor in Australia - shipping from the South Island is stupid. Quaife have never responded to any of my requests to open up a trade account for the record. I'd shop in the States. I've never understood why Quaife are cheaper in the US than the UK. Bigger market blah blah but seriously it still makes no sense.

Lol I know that feeling having performance parts under the desk.

Yeah, that is BS re: price rise.

I really don't want to fork out almost $2K just for a diff when they are being sold for almost half that price in the states.

http://www.frsport.com/Quaife-QDF3L-ATB-Differential-Nissan-Skyline-GTR-R33-R34-front_p_29114.html

Just waiting upon some more diff bushes and new diff bearings and then will get it installed.

Couldn't you just buy this through an importer and save a few hundred bucks?

Is the R33 diffs the same as the R32?

Couldn't you just buy this through an importer and save a few hundred bucks?

Is the R33 diffs the same as the R32?

I could but I will see what else is available in Oz first.

I already have the rear diff just need the front.

Am in no rush to get it done though.

I believe that R33 GTR diffs are the same ratio as R32 GTR

Wrong

Oh, so paying $160 to get a diff shipped from USA to Aus isn't an arm and leg?

Add another $20-$30 from UK to that (based on SVS and not paying VAT)

Oh, so paying $160 to get a diff shipped from USA to Aus isn't an arm and leg?

Add another $20-$30 from UK to that (based on SVS and not paying VAT)

Not really... I got quoted the same to get a bearing the size of a 50c piece shipped from the USA to Aus.

That aside, Powertune seems ok price wise, $1900 Kiwi definitely a rip off.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. Should have some feedback on this soon. I've run a Quaife in the front for a couple of years and was waiting for a rear to become available.

Bought the rear early this year and it will be replacing a Nismo GT Pro - so will be interesting comparison.

It's in the car and fitted - but am also doing E85 conversion so will be another 3-4weeks before I drive it I think.

They require the later halfshafts that are. 31 spline and measure 32mm diameter.

They should be more 'aggressive' than the standard helical diffs in Nissans but of course without the low speed clunking and binding of a clutch type diff.

Looking forward to trying it