SAU Community

Converting Jdm R35 Gtr To Adm R35 Gtr

You would need to change buttons as well there are harness differences as well. Yes the screen will swap , radio will partially swap. Buttons will swap and that's it.

JDM has extra stuff for etc and TV that will be left unconnected.

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

I have been actively trying to source the HDD files (app.bin to be specific) so we can proceed to create a software conversion.

I tried posting on GT-R life as it looks like a few members have the appropriate files but looks like the moderators are blocking my posts for this for whatever reason.

Anyway, we have successfully created conversions for Mitsubishi's, Honda's, Mazda's and are working on many more so I can guarantee a conversion if someone could help supply the files from the HDD :)

Thanks in advance

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They have got around this issue you can swap out the whole MFD now. There is multiple threads and reveiws over on gtrhertiage.com detailing the process.

From what I have seen, this option costs around the 3-5k (NZD) mark - has a cheaper, more realistic option been developed?

This is the cheapest, most realistic option. It will cost around $2200 AUD for the unit and then you will need to buy some parts and panels from Nissan to change your older interior parts to make it all fit 100% like OEM.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NISSAN-2009-2010-GT-R-upgrade-to-2014-OEM-Navigation-entertainment-kit-/251873817676?hash=item3aa4d9744c

This is the unit for sale. Trusted seller.

In depth forum thread detailing whole process: http://www.gtrheritage.com/topic/3484-review-install-notes-re-legertass-09-14-mfdnavaudio-upgrade-kit/

Enjoy.

This is the cheapest, most realistic option. It will cost around $2200 AUD for the unit and then you will need to buy some parts and panels from Nissan to change your older interior parts to make it all fit 100% like OEM.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NISSAN-2009-2010-GT-R-upgrade-to-2014-OEM-Navigation-entertainment-kit-/251873817676?hash=item3aa4d9744c

This is the unit for sale. Trusted seller.

In depth forum thread detailing whole process: http://www.gtrheritage.com/topic/3484-review-install-notes-re-legertass-09-14-mfdnavaudio-upgrade-kit/

Enjoy.

I have jacked up a JDM GTR to come visit in the next couple of weeks - From there we will take the necessary info and start work on creating a software conversion for this, local maps will be on cards too..

If I owned a GTR I would think $2200AUD was a little extreme (no offence) regardless of whether it was the only option or not - Cant give a timeframe for this but it will happen and with a lot less effort required..

I tried sourcing the JDM firmware but on every site it seemed to have disappeared.. this would have sped the process up if I could have found it but option b it is :rolleyes:

P.S. If someone has done a hardware swap and wants to donate (sell) their JDM unit then please let me know :)

• 1 month later...

After a major service of my car last week! Enhanced the existing GR6 gearbox with an addition of Japanese made Gearbox Gear-Lock Set, replaced all gearbox sensors and replaced a new flywheel housing, replaced radiator fans, oil pump, keyless go key lock system and ordered a list of 2013 model upgrade parts which include suspension set, front A-arms, anti-roll bars, new set of tyres and battery. Well sounds good ah, but a throat cutting spendings! :unsure:

Didn't touch the car for a week! Yesterday! The car didn't response my car key and found out old battery no power, therefore, recharging the battery and start the car again! Alarm noise and the dash board just like Christmas tree lights up and brinks! Wow! heard electric shocking noise then the car shout down itself! :/ I restart the car again and engine run and the car go back to normal but the AUDIO & REAR VIEW CAM die! :rant:

RUN OUT OF CAR ALLOWANCE (CASH)! Now its time really going to get an English System! Hope I don't need to go back to the keep failing Japanese system!

Nice that there seems to be a solution.

The JDM GTRs are a lot cheaper whenever they're up for sale, so might be the only option for some people.

Yes! Current imported used 07 & 08 JDM GTR are cheap! But, no free dinner! Very easy getting a dodge cars!

First seen one last week in Hong Kong! Straight from cargo container! Jack up in garage and first seen the trans-axle joint didn't fix tight and very loosen! One remote control key not working! Radiator fans broken! Old dusty interior! Scratched alloy wheels! Battery, tyres, brake discs, brake pads and Suspensions need replacement! Very sure gearbox and other major unseen parts were swapped in Japan and need to replace! The seller only pays cheap to do a make-up job and sell for around AUD$85,000.00! So, why buy old private import GTR if you can afford to buy genuine GTR from showroom!

In Hong Kong, we've seen few dodge GTR! Thus, we only buy or sell between known people!

Any replacement and upgrade works done to a dodge GTR just like throwing money into a wormhole! Never end! Very unenjoyable experience with GTR!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm in, and have been talking to the very humble Lithuanian gentleman who is responsible - only thing now holding me back are the blasted New Zealand Nissan Connect Maps, apparently they need to be HDD V9.0 and the entire thing would be fully upgraded to NZ New 2014 Spec.

Anyone now where/how I could get my hands on the maps?

From what I have seen, this option costs around the 3-5k (NZD) mark - has a cheaper, more realistic option been developed?

• 1 year later...

Last year the Japanese version audio head unit hard disk finally burnt! 

A week of delivery! Yesterday! I successfully converting my JDM 2007 R35 GTR existing Japanese MFD master assembly (Audio Head Unit) to current USA English system. There are some modification (which I don't know and don't understand at all) done! But it appear to me the diagnosis are all OK! And took us few hours to set the rear view CAM to activate. The English buttons can change no problem later and the English dashboard cluster are awaiting stock to come.

Total cost and labour approx. AUD$3,600.00

To complete the English buttons and dashboard cluster approx. AUD$1,200.00

Thank you everyone for reply and support.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We have completed conversions of R35 GTR Jap Spec to 2015 model R35 GTR MFD

We can also convert 2009-2010 Aussie Spec NON-NAV GTR to the 2015 R35 GTR with Nav, bluetooth, upgraded MFD etc. but also requires to send your buttons to get reprinted or converted to be able to use with the new systems.

And finally, if you want ENGLISH Instrument Cluster we are getting around this by using a EU Nismo Cluster (in KM/H AND ENGLISH) which last time i checked is around $2000 new + labour installation.

thanks

• 4 years later...