SAU Community

Skyline Crossover

MP_R33

Hey guys, what do you think of the J50 Skyline Crossover?

Looks like you get alot of car for the money you're paying in comparison to the local RAV4, Tiquan, Murano etc.

Has anyone driven one? What do you all think?

I am looking at buying one shortly.

I'm thinking of going and having a look at this: link

Per your link the VIN number for this car is: 6U900000J50111131 therefore chassis number would be: J50-111131

This does not appear to be a genuine chassis number - check it via your favourite month of production tool. Even if it is, they cannot sell you the car yet because it does not have a compliance plate. But lets see what happens when we change just one digit and make the chassis number: J50-101131

1) We have a compliance plate for this chassis number - interestingly enough complied by a workshop in Abbotsford VIC, the same suburb as listed on the eBay Ad

nl8Lox1.png

2) Auction sheet for this car:

Bh6fCFe.jpg

3rSJzmWs.jpg 6swhi3ks.jpg

Sold at CAA Chubu for 1,558,000 yen

Please note I am not suggesting that this is necessarily the same car - you could only tell by going to the dealership and checking the VIN by looking at the compliance plate.

My point is - be very careful and do your homework.

• 5 months later...

Hey guys this is my first post (only recently started to read these forums) but just wanted to let others know about the experience I’ve had with the car in this thread and the dealer Carizma in Melbourne.

I saw this car about a month ago and was very interested, being unaware of the issue of odometer tampering on imports at the time. After being reassured by the dealer (Ross from Carizma) that the odometer reading of c.26,900km on this car was genuine, decided to put a deposit. I first felt something was off when the KM’s were not on the export certificate (tried to attach below, chassis number J50-101131 matches the auction sheet above) provided by Carizma and when I asked the dealer, they told me that the "17738" was probably the KM’s when it clearly was not. These guys have been in the business for over 15 years so alarm bells started ringing when they acted like they didn't know how to read an export certificate. After I told them I wasn't comfortable purchasing the car without a valid document stating the KM’s, they refused to refund my deposit but offered to import a car for me.

That process hasn't gone too well either but I won’t go into that here, honestly would just like my deposit back, but these guys keep refusing so I will go through Consumer Affairs or VCAT. Hopefully this helps someone else looking to buy this crossover and as with dodgyimports point above – be very careful and do your homework.

Edited by uncledrew

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 4/3/2014 at 12:09 PM, dodgyimports said:

Per your link the VIN number for this car is: 6U900000J50111131 therefore chassis number would be: J50-111131

This does not appear to be a genuine chassis number - check it via your favourite month of production tool. Even if it is, they cannot sell you the car yet because it does not have a compliance plate. But lets see what happens when we change just one digit and make the chassis number: J50-101131

1) We have a compliance plate for this chassis number - interestingly enough complied by a workshop in Abbotsford VIC, the same suburb as listed on the eBay Ad

nl8Lox1.png

2) Auction sheet for this car:

Bh6fCFe.jpg

3rSJzmWs.jpg 6swhi3ks.jpg

Sold at CAA Chubu for 1,558,000 yen

Please note I am not suggesting that this is necessarily the same car - you could only tell by going to the dealership and checking the VIN by looking at the compliance plate.

My point is - be very careful and do your homework.

Hi! I would like to check Action sheet for imported car that I would like to purchase. How can I get Action sheet? Thank you.