SAU Community

Xforce Varex Exhuast Systems

Its has a electric controlled flapper valve With a by pass pipe. 3 volume sittings. Obviously restrict flow to lower noise. But works well if you are looking to reduce cop attentions.

Actually it tries to reduce backpressure even when the valve is closed, which is what made the xforce unqiue. It opens up another hole around the walls of the canon, in which exhuast gasses escape, its still not as good as a fully opened valve, but does the job.

This should explain very well :)

Their idea is good, but the control units stuff up easy so you'd need to makeup a in cabin switch if that happens. Also seen then butterfly valves getting stuck.

Not saying its going to happen to you but its happened to a few people including me :)

It's not hard or expensive to have a properly designed and made exhaust that flows well and is quiet all the time.

But I suppose people like the gimmick that the varex is

I would say I still make 250kw with the valve on mine closed, sounds like a stuck pig though.

Great for pretending your exhaust is quiet around the police, or keeping your neighbors happy. You can't really drive it around closed though, it's just too laggy.

You are better off getting two large mufflers fitted, as they work out around the same price as a single varex.

• Like 1

Looks good on paper, but I've never seen it work well.

I might be wrong on this but I think the actuation units tend to get stuck as well. I know a guy whos varex got stuck closed and it was a nightmare

I have one, its good if your driving around town, where you dont need to be up it, plus it takes mine from 99db to 78 for memory. There is no way you could make an exhaust that will flow 400+ kw and be under 80db. These are good and stop negative attention when its not needed. Sure you cant make power with it shut but who needs full power and silence? if your up a high power car its not the exhaust thats going to be an issue on its own.

Looks good on paper, but I've never seen it work well.

I might be wrong on this but I think the actuation units tend to get stuck as well. I know a guy whos varex got stuck closed and it was a nightmare

Mine slowly adjusted itself to an over centre when open, but I put an open adjustment bolt in it so I cant set it.

yeah technically if they know its adjustable then the measurement will be taken with the muffler open. however the mechanism is on the top side and wiring is easily hidable. if they look well enough to find that then they have it in for you anyway.

or if you have varex written all over it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's not hard or expensive to have a properly designed and made exhaust that flows well and is quiet all the time.

But I suppose people like the gimmick that the varex is

I am going your way, going to have a custom exhaust made, 3.5inch stainless, quality cat that lets it flow but not attracting the attention of the boys in blue :)Live in a small town and nowhere to hide :(

Once it is done and tested I will post the particulars, it may be of interest to someone ?

I have a varex and really like it. The receiver module controlling the solenoid for the valve did play up and eventually died so like mentioned, i hardwired the solenoid.

If you do get a varex, i would heavily recommend ditching the remote system straight away and just go hardwire to switch. The remote system on mine even when brand new had a 1/10 chance of not working and also there is a 1/2 second delay between pressing the button and the valve working (which doesn't happen when hardwired).

It's nice to have straight flow muffler during circuit work then having the choice of quietness when just pottering around/avoiding attention.

Oh, and the apexi ecv thing would require drilling a hole from in to out of the car for the cable...not something everyone want's to do.
Cabling for varex can be routed from under boot to in cabin quite easily.