SAU Community

M35 Turbo Upgrade.

FIA510

On 2016-5-18 at 9:03 AM, BoostdR said:

Currently running 16.8 degrees timing in 3rd gear. I increased timing by 5 degrees this morning and it was considerably quicker. Smoking all 4 tyres on accel.

My concern is however the timing is gear specific as controlled by the OEM ECU. Increasing the timing that suits 3rd will cause huge timing figures in the lower gears...possibly explaining why Tao's M35 exploded in 2nd gear at part throttle.

There is a speed vs fuel map in the EMU however no speed vs timing. I might look at translating speed to a 0-5v signal to utilize the temp vs timing map in the EMU since the OEM ECU handles that anyway.

There is no question we have more power to be extracted. I just want to be smart about how it is controlled.

post-49288-14635261522212_thumb.jpg

Matt I just put an Itsrom chip in my fairly standard car and am impressed. I don't know this, but if the timing is controlled by the ECU perhaps Christian can flash you an ECU which addresses the issues of silly timing in lower gears, 1st gear wheelspin etc?  He is very helpful  in my experience. Forgive me if this seems stupid but if the issue is the ECU ... addressing the issue there seems to make sense ... assuming Christian can do that...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Wow, what a read. Big thanks to all of those that have contributed to the continued development of these things.

I see Hypergear have a range of options on their site, and am leaning toward RV3 / RV4 based on current mods and future plans. - Could these be 'detuned' with a boost controller like the Innovate SCG1, while I work on other supporting mods like stand alone and fuel system?

Did Intense ever come through with a v2?

15 hours ago, Tumble said:

Wow, what a read. Big thanks to all of those that have contributed to the continued development of these things.

I see Hypergear have a range of options on their site, and am leaning toward RV3 / RV4 based on current mods and future plans. - Could these be 'detuned' with a boost controller like the Innovate SCG1, while I work on other supporting mods like stand alone and fuel system?

Did Intense ever come through with a v2?

Don't see why you couldn't limit boost with a cheap bleed screw type device.

On 1/31/2020 at 6:26 AM, KiwiRS4T said:

Don't see why you couldn't limit boost with a cheap bleed screw type device.

I was a bit confused and was hoping you could do as you suggested, I spoke with HG, you can't limit minimum pressure. Going for the RV2 for the time being :)