SAU Community

Plattsy's Mega Turbo K11 Super Dooper Gtr Scooper.

allright. you f**kers wanted it. now youve got it.

Ok, so as some of you know i picked up a k11 lx.

now this thing is rough! found it at a wreckers where it had sat for 2 years. (1 year at wreckers, 1 at the previous owners)but first the back story........

i was told by a wrecker, who shall remain nameless, that they had a 3 door micra in almost complete just missing a pair of wheels. so i packed up my tools saturday morning and headed down. i paid the 2 dollar entry, and went to find the car.

complete? my arse! had a bonnet engine gear box and both bumpers. thats about it! so disgruntled i left and decided to pop in to see my parents down the mornington peninsula. i suddenly remembered a wreckers as i drove past it, thought "hey i got nothing to lose" and drove in. straight inside the gate was this.

86617.jpg

after some swift and firm batering with the old boy, i shot of to get a trailer. i returned to the wreckers and asked if he had a jump pack to see if we could start it.

i checked oil coolant etc, it was old and minging but there.

first turn of the key, after 1 engine turn, she fires up. ran a bit rough and the timing chain was noisy but she lives! gave it a quick scoot around the yard and apart from some brake seizing it was fine.

wasnt really bothered about the mechanicals at this stage.

so i got it on the trailer and got it back to my parents.

86618.jpg

any way. after a quick bite to eat i got it back to my place up the westernport. unloaded it into by garage and took the trailer back down.

upon returning home later that afternoon, i decided to tear into the thing and see if i could clean it up. the woman that had it before me must have been a filthy creature, there where half drank bottles of stuff, food scraps left in paper bags, the pill, tampons and all sorts.
including a big ass huntsman in the boot!

i took the whole interior out, carpet trims everything. gave it all a massive jet wash and left it all to dry.

once inside of the car was dry i sprayed some sound deadener on the floor of the micra. no idea why but for 20 bucks for 2 cans lets see what happens.

took the front bumper off to find a small bit of rust on the front cross member. this was ground out (it was only surface paint rust) and resprayed with matt black anti rust paint.

86646.jpg

86647.jpg

87034.jpg

managed to get the matiz front setup in.

5mm filled from top hole on hub mount. 2mm washer on the hub mount bolts.

i used the matiz boots, with built in bump stops, the micra spring retainer and nylon washer, and the micra top hat. sprayed my pulsar callipers red for the extra 25kw. also changed my wheel studs for longer 65mm variants. now have plenty of thread to fit these wheels on with.

also found a panhard rod, so when that turns up ill be putting the corsa rear shocks and matiz springs in.

heres the pic! enjoy the aussie liquid wrap paint job i did too.

87083.jpg

ok, post xmas update....

rear lows where completed!

momo wheel aquired and some stockies.

just brakes to bleed, and a quick test drive down the road, then it should be roady time.

once that is out of the way, the turbo conversion will start immediately!

finished off the matiz/corsa setup, however front is creaking when i turn the wheel, so ill strip the front end down again and see what other parts i can put in there at the top.

shes basically good to go for rwc, i think... i have a few things to hook back up (like brakes, airbox)but once the 14's are ready ill get it booked in, passed then rego'd!

plans are still to run gtr fuel pump, 370cc injectors and tune on e85 for 10psi. this should help with high compression and det.

body news, removed the side bumper strips the other day. caramel wheel is the only way to get all that nasty double sided tape off! however, ive decided with tthe shit condition of the green paint, and the fact its green, im gonna do a gloss white respray. im decent at spraying, having done a mini and some skyline parts, but im going to try and do a better job this time round!

so after a month of procrastinating i got the car ready and rwc'd on staurday.
she failed.

he couldnt get the drum brakes off the rear (i belive this is because he doesnt know about the handbrake release lever)

he then just picked on stupid shit. the windscreen was dirty, the headlight indicators arent orange enough, the windscreen washers needed aiming, the rear wiper was 2 cm too long, i didnt have the centres on the alloy wheels.

what a complete tosser. anyway, ill get all that addressed and in again on saturday. nop doubt for him to fail it on something else.

so after taking to my rear drums with an angle grinder to remove the lip that was hoilding them on, ridiculously tightly, i did not hold out much hope that it would pass.

when i got to the garage, he said, thanks for that the drums where fine, but bloody hell its stiff in the arse end....

then passed it.

you f*c*ing dancer! i actually had a little happy dance right there in the office......

so now to register it...

then its mod time.......

this means ill also be looking for the next parts in turbo build, super s clocks, etc.

and i refuse to pay 200 or even 150 for a 20 year old piece of plastic that in my opinion looks a bit meh, for cup holders. so stay tuned for some sort of fibreglass cup holder/ipad holder fancy thingo.

with the football (soccer) season starting i dont have much time to work on it as i would like, but ill get there eventually.....

next up, fit the coilovers, jun fly and clutch, respray at easter, (this didnt happen) and some sway bars if i can find some second hand that arent going for drug money......

88036.jpg

sorry about the ridiculous angle. mate fancies him self a photographer.

he is not.

and another.

all that plasti dip will be coming off soon, it was just to get me through the roadworthy.

the bonnet has no paint left on it, and the super s bumper was silver....

a complete colour change is coming.....

88039.jpg

All rego'd today. Went well.

Car has a bit of road noise, but after my car history it's bound to be a bit basic.

Tomorro night coil overs fitted. Then I need some music, then jun fly wheel an hd clutch on Sunday. (again didnt happen)

and here we go.

regod, fitted with ohlins rear shocks, tein springs all round, and hks front coilovers.

thanks dan and the hundreds of people who owned them before! would like the back to be alittle lower, but im not cutting the tein springs.

so ill be fitting my blacked out head lights and clear indicators soon.
also got jun fly and hd clutch to install, jdm rear lights, and the respray (fingers crossed) at easter.

those wheels are growing on me, so i might get some more spacers to push em out abit. and give em a paint up.

parts list wanted.........

cup holders (maybe) might build my own.
tacho dash needs to know my revs!
super s door cards.
some sort of bucket seat.
sway bars.
bracing. any and all of it!
and some freaking sounds. 2 speakers is not enough!

88079.jpg

Okay small update.....

Had a cat back built by my mate.... Small sound increase, small midrange increase.

Also bought a wrx, so having second thoughts about the micra. In fact if some one offered me 2k for it with all the turbo parts etc I'd prob take it.

Anyway seeing as nobody will do that, scored some 33 gtr oem dumps, as soon as this rain f**ks off ill strip the front down and test fit it all.

Have to move in 2 weeks and with the wrx needing a bit of love, the micra shall remain daily material....

To be continued...... Or not.

(it was continued)

so picked up the wrx. fettled with it a little. wife told me off. so back to the micra.

installed the oil filter relocator and oil cooler i got from mick b.

now it was for an sr20 (im guessing) so the attachement where the filter would normally be was way too big. had to machine (read angle grind the shit out of it) to get it small enough to attach to the block.

anyway managed to get it there, and get it all installed, however i have misplaced my 25 mm spanner, so i need to nip it all up tonight before filling it with oil. christ knows how much its gonna take now but im guessing around 6-7 litres. will pop the usual amount in, run it for 2 mins. stop check and top up. see how we go until i can get it to the full mark on the dipper!

also the emanage is in. no issues there, cut a small hole in the glove box to accommodate the n-8 direct plug and play harness. so i have a spare universal harness if anyone wants it. 50 baht??

(emanage is back out and up for sale)

waiting on oil and water lines/drains turning up from overseas then i can run the water lines from the ga15 throttle body.

so close i can feel the boost.

88206.jpg

ooooooooooooh so close.

decided on custom manifold due to space and using an xr6 cooler. managed to get post of it finished last night, just have to join cylinder 1 and 2 to the collector. should take an hour. (it took two)

thanks to scotty!

but as of now the turbo is mounted. ive used one of the oem dumps from the 33gtr donor car, and this pretty much lines up with the standard path of the exhaust. so should be a 1m 2.5 inch pipe the connect to the cat.

next will be cooler piping which should be easy enough. only issue is finding a flat pod filter!!!!!!!!!!!

more updates thursday. shes coming along.

anyone reading this, im thinking if i hold the wastegate permantently open i shouldnt generate more than 1-2 pounds of boost, which will give me some drive ability for a while.... concur?!

(it will work)

88360.jpg

and that is from november to now (may)

stay tuned for part 2...... turboing the kent.

• Like 4

nah cooler piping goes no where near the battery.

dat xr6 cooler.

but i will look into moving battery to rear for weight distribution lulz.

has many many more workz to be done to it yet tho. update monday if i get chance to work on her sunday.

Fark the car battery is as big as the fuarkin engine itself!

Nice build Plattsy when are we gonna see some dyno sheets or is that not worthy?

Fark the car battery is as big as the fuarkin engine itself!

Nice build Plattsy when are we gonna see some dyno sheets or is that not worthy?

only dyno it will ever see will be the one its tuned on bro. ill get dyno sheet for you guys, but im not a pwoer queen, so long as this has the amount of midrange punch 10psi will give it, i will be happy.

OP's a phag.

Nawww seriously it's a very cool build Plattsy, you're going to have some serious fun in this thing :)

you love it ya big slart.