SAU Community

Saunsw Texikhana 9Th June At Nirimba Tafe

crashdown

IN REGARDS TO PASSENGER AGE:

Passengers must not be under the age of 15 years. All under 18 year old passengers must sign a passenger indemnity on the day and must have approval from their parent or guardian. If the parent or guardian is not present at the event, a letter giving permission to participate must be received

Thanks for clarifying!

I would go 1 further then that and make ALL passengers sign the indemnity form and for 15-18 year olds have the parent or guardian sign the indemnity form as well, maybe post a PDF with the form to fill out and sign before hand if the parent/guardian can't make it on the day, it is just not worth the trouble should ( heaven forbid ) something goes a miss

We already do this, it's just the new minimum age that we've been made aware of due to insurance.

Well, I'm in!! My baby isn't ready for the track yet, but I'm keen to come down to help out!! =D

I'm assuming that if I'm going to help out, I'll need to be there from 7.00am too?

seeings im lazy and sometimes CBF, but last minute, when is latest i can enter? on the day? is it full? i also havent read the last 3 pages.

LOL

There are still spots available, when it is full we will post it up.

The Eventbrite ticket sales end on 8th June at 10:30pm. Whilst we would prefer that you enter beforehand, on the day entries will be accepted, as long as there are still spots available. So if you haven't bought a ticket before hand, then cash on the day will be accepted. Also make sure you have your Motorsport license and other requirements available for inspection on the day.

OK sweet!

thanks Mr President. I'll try and get to around to paying before the 8th.

no ideas about my members card but got all my CAMS and log book stuff with the race car.

now to see if the wifer will give me permission

These are the guidelines sent to us by the insurance company, I am posting it up so that everybody is aware of what they are.

Motorkhana

Motorkhana is a fabulous low cost way to get involved in motorsport. To get involved in Motorkhana you can get your first taste of motor sport in your standard road car, but this discipline also caters to the most skilled and experienced of drivers in highly modified or purpose built Motorkhana specials.

The competition is designed to test the acceleration, braking and manoeuvrability of a vehicle and the skill and judgement of the crew members.

A motorkhana may be conducted on a sealed or unsealed surface and involves manoeuvring through tight and twisty tests marked by flags.

Cars will be started individually and there will be one car on course at one time.

At no time during these events are burnouts, skids or drifting permitted to take place.

At no time during these events are burnouts, skids or drifting permitted to take place.

So SAU NSW is like the Western Sydney Wanderers of car clubs? Not that you can really trust a motoring description that uses the word "fabulous"!

FYI, I did call and clarify that using the handbrake to maneuver and slide the back end of the car around cones is OK. Just no smoke shows or linking (drifting) the course.

• Like 1

No linking of drift corners. Thats half of what the texi is lol. I say we try out an unsealed surface next ;) It used to be just no stand still burnouts. will be interesting to see who 'bends' the no smoke show rule :P

I think these rules are probably to cover off circuit-drifting which is high-speed stuff. It's not like there are any walls to smash into or curbs to roll the car over on... but if a claim needed to be made and someone had footage of the incident and there was smoke involved, then I suppose legally they could reject the claim.

FYI, I did call and clarify that using the handbrake to maneuver and slide the back end of the car around cones is OK. Just no smoke shows or linking (drifting) the course.

tumblr_m0d2c07iRw1qcqm5r.jpg

Just like the noise rules, these are not imposed by the club they are imposed on us as part of hiring the venue or insuring the event. In fact AASA said they didn't insure any burnout events, full stop.

I suppose if people want to do that then they need to do it at power cruise or summer nats.

Still lots of fun to run courses for time and handbrake turn around some cones.